- Joined
- Apr 27, 2009
- Messages
- 130
My motherboard is AM2+ socket, my processor is AM2+ socket. They are both labeled as supporting pc8500 (DDR2 1066mhz) RAM. I went out and bought pc8500 ram expecting it to run at that speed. But once everything was installed the ram clocks in at 800mhz which is not as advertised.
What can I do to get my RAM to operate at 1066mhz? Do I need to update the BIOS, or just simply change the voltage/clockspeed?
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 AM2+ (oc to 3ghz)
4 gigs pc8500
GeForce 9800 GTX+
What can I do to get my RAM to operate at 1066mhz? Do I need to update the BIOS, or just simply change the voltage/clockspeed?
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 AM2+ (oc to 3ghz)
4 gigs pc8500
GeForce 9800 GTX+





RAM ratio so that the speed is 1066 MHz. I'm not sure exactly where it would be in your BIOS. Look at your owners manual or just explore around and you should find it fairly easily.









