- Joined
- Sep 1, 2008
- Messages
- 2,181
Well, I recently bought a 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive to use as a secondary drive. So I installed it today. When I turned my computer back on, it was booting up Windows(the part before the log in screen) and a BSOD flashes for 1/8 of a second, then it goes back to BIOS and repeats. So I'm like wtf and boot into System Repair. Repair runs, says it may have fixed it, restarts, and the same issue. I run Startup repair again, and it asks me if I want to run a system restore. I select yes, it runs it, restarts, same issue. Run startup repair AGAIN, and it decides to tell me it cannot fix the problem automatically. Great. So I'm like okay, it's probably the hard drive. So I remove the new hard drive from my system. Turn on my computer, and try to start Windows. Another BSOD during startup, and I run through the whole above process again. So now that the new drive is unconnected and I have the same problem I'm like craaaap. So I power down my computer, and am about to go throw something through a window when I decide to try one more time for the hell of it. It boots up perfectly fine. What the hell? So now I don't know what to do. Try the drive again? Return the drive? RMA it? I'm just completely lost in what the hell just happened. I wish I could have caught what the BSOD's said, but as they only flashed for 1/8 of a second before rebooting it's not really an option.
I'm on Windows 7 by the way.
I'm on Windows 7 by the way.










