Sniper update info FROM VALVE!!!! (new unlockable revealed)

I think the entire sniper pack may be a fake. If you look at the picture of the tribal shield, it shows the spy on the floor, WITH the new watch. A few minutes before day 4 you could see him uncloaking again behind the sniper.
Then, go to the next page. Through the mist, you can see the body still onthe floor with the watch. It's meant to be him using that.
So I guess the bow is only meant to make us believe it from the start :(
 
new spy update oh my so many snipers and spys playing for two weeks lol
 
So, what's the deal with two watches? Two options for up/side-grades?
 
So, what's the deal with two watches? Two options for up/side-grades?
I think only the Cloak and Dagger Spy Watch will be the unlockable replacement for the current cloak watch. I do believe the Dead Ringer will replace Disguises. Afterall, the spy is seen with different cigarettes while using the Dead Ringer. Also, On the page's top the spy is flicking the cigarette (like he would if he taunts with the Disguise-kit) while holding the Dead Ringer.
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not. We'll see soon enough.


-Calle
 
I think only the Cloak and Dagger Spy Watch will be the unlockable replacement for the current cloak watch. I do believe the Dead Ringer will replace Disguises. Afterall, the spy is seen with different cigarettes while using the Dead Ringer. Also, On the page's top the spy is flicking the cigarette (like he would if he taunts with the Disguise-kit) while holding the Dead Ringer.
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not. We'll see soon enough.


-Calle

I hope it's this way and not a double-unlock. That either leaves something else without a replacement, or makes more things you have to hope for as a drop or whatever else.
 
I think only the Cloak and Dagger Spy Watch will be the unlockable replacement for the current cloak watch. I do believe the Dead Ringer will replace Disguises. Afterall, the spy is seen with different cigarettes while using the Dead Ringer. Also, On the page's top the spy is flicking the cigarette (like he would if he taunts with the Disguise-kit) while holding the Dead Ringer.
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not. We'll see soon enough.


-Calle

Except that the spy's current layout screen has him officially equipped with the following items: A knife, a pistol, and a watch. Read, watch. Both the unlockables for the spy revealed so far are explicitly stated as being "Spy watches."

They may, in the future, give him a different disguise kit, but seeing as how the inventory screen was updated so recently they aren't planning it any time soon.

I hope it's this way and not a double-unlock. That either leaves something else without a replacement, or makes more things you have to hope for as a drop or whatever else.

If they were different types of weapons they wouldn't both be "spy watches." Have you ever heard of someone wearing more than one watch?

The fact is that we're getting many more unlockables (and many more "things you have to hope for as a drop or whatever else") whether these two unlockables are the same type of item or not. They still have to go through all the classes, and then they might very well go through them all again if they're still more space in player's inventories, and that's after all the hats.
 
Last edited:
Except that the spy's current layout screen has him officially equipped with the following items: A knife, a pistol, and a watch.
It is actually a picture of the Disguise-kit named "Invisibility Watch" so we can't tell wether it is supposed to be the watch or the kit. :P


-Calle
 
It is actually a picture of the Disguise-kit named "Invisibility Watch" so we can't tell wether it is supposed to be the watch or the kit. :P


-Calle

It means both items are combined into one slot, which in turn means whether either unlockable is a new watch or kit, they while both occupy the same slot, and will be incompatible with each other.
 
Spy update? oh-sweet-meat-off-a-pig's-back!!!

can you say pyro party? can't wait to light em' up :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top