Sound cards and Headsets Help

Haggus McGee

Forum Fiend
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
652
If I have a 7.1 sound card, can I use the 5.1 turtlebeach HPA2? If not give me some kind of advice, eg. "get an adaptor", "try this headset", or "get a new sound card, this one is good and not too expensive"
 
I have a 7.1 soundcard myself and it works fine with my 5.1 surround system. If you have your drivers installed properly, go into the control panel and see if there is an option to set it to 5.1... I never came across a sound card without that option tough. I'm pretty sure it will work. I don't know if the HPA2 is connected with 3x 3.5 audio jack or an USB.
 
3x 3,5" jacks and a USB/power adaptor for extra power. You should be fine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI07NUBwLdU[/ame]
 
Last edited:
Kthx, but I just pulled up my card if that helps.

really appreciate it. Euro road trip was fun :)
 
Check out that video, and yes the roadtrip owned :)
 
Umm, I can only see a pink, light green and light blue sockets on my pc... the headset seems to have 4 plugs, none of which are those colours except green. 4:20 on the video.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top