The Success Of Blackmesa

Goretex

Thread Junky
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
805
So i've been playing blackmesa about 3-4 times a week since v3 came out. It was sad when v7 would empty out at 11:00pm-12:00am. It did this everyday for about a month. It got down to the point where it was only 1/2 full about 6 hours a day.

Well that is no more. For the first time in a loooooooong while the server didn't empty out. It was 4am here and the server was still 30/32. I saw about 6 regulars on the server, and we didn't even need 1 seeder! On gametracker you can see what a change Dragons new map made.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.43.203.95:27015/

The lowest rank this month for BM was 166th. Since final came out the server has gone up 53 ranks!

So I want to thank Dragon for an awesome map, you really outdid yourself.

Now let's get this puppy to rank 50 :w00t:

Edit: Bm is now rank 88! Holy crap! the little puppy is zooming
 
Last edited:
Word. Had a good time in there tonight. First time ive gotten to play BM at all in a while. I enjoyed every minute of it. The final version rocks. Had some good times healing Goretex and contrary to popular belief, he wasnt in the vents that much:huh:
 
I never knew there was a map like Black Mesa three days ago, but ever since I played it, it's become one of my favorites.

It's a very unique map.
 
It's much more fun with the new improvements. Takes most of the frustration out, anyway...
 
The new map rocks!!!

thanks dragon!!!

I saw about 6 regulars on the server, and we didn't even need 1 seeder! :

We need to make these 6 regulars recruits..... When regulars become recruits the server will get more play time. More play time equales higher ranks...

So get out there and recruit!!!!!!!!
 
Mesa is SO much more intense now. Last night I was playing and it was a visciously fierce battle trying to take hold of C. Everyone was really playing on their A-game and it made for some huge battles. There are things I will certainly miss about t7, but this final version... there's just no comparison. Fantastic job, Dragon. Can't wait to see your CTF version!
 
blackmesa is just a amazing map.
Its just something about it which makes me want to go back for more.

Ash//
 
I think its great, I noticed that alot of time when i got home from school now (very few on at that time) blackmesa is normally the one with most people in it! With v7 i had to play there alone or at least wait a couple of hours before anyone joined but now...oh joy! The only problem now is that its sometimes full and i cant get in :P
 
Mesa is SO much more intense now. Last night I was playing and it was a visciously fierce battle trying to take hold of C. Everyone was really playing on their A-game and it made for some huge battles. There are things I will certainly miss about t7, but this final version... there's just no comparison. Fantastic job, Dragon. Can't wait to see your CTF version!

Ha, yeah, I was on last night (in the evening anyway). I tried being a heavy, and actually did really good :D

Well, except for when boomsta was around.

I finally got some heavy achievements though, and the sandvich is perfect for me since I never use the shotgun.

If anyone remembers which one I'm talking about, who won that round I left in? Names I remember seeing a lot of were Fetor and Dragonhill on my team, and Boomsta on the enemies. Friendly medics are on the tip of my tongue, can't think of who they were.

Either way, it was fun.
 
agreed. This was an eGO wide thing last night. I couldn't get in any eGO server for about 30 minutes because they were all full. I eventually went to bed and got a good night's sleep for once, but I'm glad that every server was constantly full!
 
Word. Had a good time in there tonight. First time ive gotten to play BM at all in a while. I enjoyed every minute of it. The final version rocks. Had some good times healing Goretex and contrary to popular belief, he wasnt in the vents that much:huh:
I was also having a great time last night/this morning until my internet went out around 1:00a.m. I ran into Goretex and sidecar quite a few times.
Yes the final version really rocks, Thanks DragonHill
:w00t::w00t:Blackmesa:w00t::w00t:
 
Here we go, this is really good for me since I'm pretty much never a heavy. This is the round where I want to know who won after I left :P (by the way, I actually play at max settings, 1152x864, max for my monitor, but I scaled it and made it a jpg then the forums scaled it more and lowered the quality. Still legible.)
 
Last edited:
Blackmesa is win. If you haven't tried it or 'hate' the new version, give it another hour. Steve and Wanda need company :O
 
I'm glad the Blackmesa final map is doing good. Just dont expect to find me there. If only Dragon had kept the V7 vent system. Then it would trully be a great map.
 
I had played Blackmesa once (the v7 version) and thought it was too complex and complicated so I waited for a newer version and got excited when I heard it would be smaller with many of the things I disliked on my one time playing fixed.

The day Blackmesa_final was released on our servers I tried it out and that is all I have been playing in terms of TF2. Thanks a ton Dragonhill!

P.S. I dominated you on the servers last night and dare you to get me back! ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top