Paged Pool Memory

sKuLLz

Poster
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
125
Hey all:

In the top right corner of my screen, i get this:

warning: OS Paged Pool Memory Low

Now, this p.c. is brand spanking new, is this telling me I need to install more memory? Or do I have to shut programs in startup menu?

Hope you can help as this has booted me from games as well.

thanx,

ToX
 
I think this has to do with your virtual memory. try turning that up.

I'd tell you were but its 2:30 AM and I can't think stright.
 
Right click my computer and select properties and select the advanced tab. From there it depends on what version of windows you as to how to change it, just a little hint anything above 2000 takes what you tell it as a suggestion and your not really a voting member. :biggrin:
 
What OS are you using?

Does it ALWAYS show? Or just when you do certain things (like play a game?)

Are your drivers all up to date?

(try lowering the setting on your graphics card a bit)
 
I'm runnig XP Pro Home. The only time I see this is when I'm playing TF2.
When you say lower the settings on my card, what specifically? I DL all new drivers and still have same issue.
Thanx for the help !!
 
In game settings...lower the game resolution. See if that helps
 
will increacing the total MB for the paged pool thing help my games run smoother. if so how do i do it.
 
It is probably your anti-virus. I've had systems with as much as 2Gb of ram have TF2 claim low page-pool with McAfee or AVG installed.

I can't find the thread I'm looking for, but this one mentions antivirus:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5034-EIPV-6426

Yup, it is most likely your antivirus/any other running processes allocating a large amount of paged pool memory.

If fully uninstalling your AV (If you have one mentioned, that is) and it still isn't working, try this:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131328
 
I had this prob when i had 1GB of ram, Then i found two 512 around my house and i had AVG , Now i have 2GB i don't run into that prob anymore.


*Note*


But when i had 1GB installed i had AVG installed aswell

When i got 2GB i Switched to nod32 and never had that error so it could AV
 
Last edited:
Existence, u da man !

Thanks for all the posts and help, I actually did all of the above, but the icing on the cake was the link. I reduced resolution in-game, uninstalled AVG and followed the link. So far, so good.

Thanks again to all !

ToX
 
Back
Top