Please help me understand.

Stickyfinger

Thread Thumper
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
1,131
Yes, you all have prolly seen me playing a lot, but i have a question. When i play and i kill a person, i see it gives me points, and what my total is in the chat frame. But lets say i kill "Icestyle, and i get 10 points, and my total is 8500, when i kill the next person, it says 5 points, and im at 8485, why did my points in total go down?
 
You lose points when you get killed. It doesn't tell you what you lose when you die though.
 
Just in case you didn't know, points are just a way of seeing how you're doing relative to the rest of the people playing on the servers. Don't let them consume your playtime ;)
 
You can also lose some points for dropping the intel and getting pushed from a capture point
But those amounts are just two or three :)
 
Killing your teammate is a good way to lower your points ;)

-50

Which reminds me of a fun HLX-bug. If you were on say, red, and you killed a blu guy and autobalance kicked in and moved the guy you killed to red, you'd lose 50 points for team killing. :D

Oh and also, I think the amount of points you lose for getting killed is equivalent to the "skill level" of the player who killed you. If you have 8500 points and you get killed by a player who has 2000 you lose more points than you would if you'd get killed by a player who has 18500 points. :)
 
If you have 8500 points and you get killed by a player who has 2000 you lose more points than you would if you'd get killed by a player who has 18500 points. :)

I believe you have this part backwards, you loose more points for being killed by someone who has less points than you. At least that's what Kunai complains about:P he always looses like 25 - 50 points when he dies but only gets 2 points for killing someone, he actually gets excited when he gets 5 points for a kill.
 
Oh and also, I think the amount of points you lose for getting killed is equivalent to the "skill level" of the player who killed you. If you have 8500 points and you get killed by a player who has 2000 you lose more points than you would if you'd get killed by a player who has 18500 points. :)

I believe you have this part backwards, you loose more points for being killed by someone who has less points than you. At least that's what Kunai complains about:P he always looses like 25 - 50 points when he dies but only gets 2 points for killing someone, he actually gets excited when he gets 5 points for a kill.

Nah D....I think he has it right...hes saying if I had 8000 and got killed by a player with 2000 points I would lose more points than I would lose if I got killed by a player with 18500 points.....cmon man read lol :P
 
Kunai gets 5 points for a kill >_<

wow, I am already amazed if I get 3,

but the higher you get you probably always lose 25 points, melee weapons are making your points go up even more, ubersaw will boost the points up by x 3.5

It's a good thing we can't lose more then 25 points, I did some calculating

Killer Points = Killer Points + (Victim Points / Killer Points)
? Weapon Modifier ? 5

Victim Points = Victim Points - (Victim Points / Killer Points)
? Weapon Modifier ? 5

so if a 1000 points kills me with the ubersaw he would receive 212670/1000) x 3.5 x 5 =3721 points lol

then 25 points doesn't look that bad ;)
 
I managed to kill a teammate with my sentry once, no idea how. Seen it happen a few other times as well. It wasnt when I was autoed either.

Wow talk about peciuliar....ive killed myself with my sentry gun :P....never killed my team mates with it
when it happened i was like WTF???

ME--> :chair: <-- My Sentry
 
Yes, you all have prolly seen me playing a lot, but i have a question. When i play and i kill a person, i see it gives me points, and what my total is in the chat frame. But lets say i kill "Icestyle, and i get 10 points, and my total is 8500, when i kill the next person, it says 5 points, and im at 8485, why did my points in total go down?

Why me ? :w00t:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top