One Person

DjO

Poster
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
124
When someone needs to be reminded of the no cussing or profanity rule on the servers we don't need to have every single person in the server tell them about the rule. After the first person says something to them they should understand the rules and if they don't want to follow them they can either leave or if they keep it up they will get kicked.

....that was my little rant for the day :P
 
Also add that if there are eG or eGO in the server give them time to warn. Only warn if they are not there or miss it. And if they miss it let them know in admin chat by preceeding the message in team chat with @

So type in team chat "@Name cursed. "
 
With multiple admins on one server players do sometimes receive multiple warning from multiple admins. It just sometimes happens sometimes. But all players will receive the Warn(be it verbal or text), Kick(if they persist on not following our rules), Ban(if even after the kick the person sill persist on breaking our server rules)

But there are exceptions to the rules tho.
Racism, Sexism, Total disregard to our rules
 
Also add that if there are eG or eGO in the server give them time to warn. Only warn if they are not there or miss it. And if they miss it let them know in admin chat by preceeding the message in team chat with @

So type in team chat "@Name cursed. "

yes I agree I always wait for and eG or eGO to say something or let them know.
 
I never warned as an e unless there were no eG or eGO present in the server. As a common courtesy, I say respect the admins and let them do the job they were promoted to do.

Same thing goes for me being an eG. If there is at least one eGO in the server, I won't say a thing unless he or she does not catch the offending player or isn't currently "active" in the server (aka SPEC). If the former is the case, I will usually alert the eGO to the player breaking the rules.

But I agree, in my opinion it really isn't necessary to have several non-admins warning offending players when there is at least one active and attentive admin in the server.
 
yeah. when i was e i always warned, intul i was scolded for it! lol

I'd never scold an =(e)= for trying to remind another play of server policy. This is our home, all e/eG/eGO's need to help ensure we keep it clean. Frankly, if someone is doing it a lot, could be that the admin playing at the time (if present) isn't on the same team and may not even see/hear it unless someone takes the initiative to point it out.
 
In fact, I would encourage it. A lot of times e's are the only members on the server. They just need to know not to escalate anything beyond simply informing others of the rules. They also should know how to friend eG and eGO's so they can shift+tab and get an admin over if people refuse to listen.

If you squash them in-game for reminding players of the rules, they feel very hurt by it and might not say something in the future when they're on a server by themselves.

I let em do it, they mean well, just as long as you keep them in check.
 
yeah. when i was e i always warned, intul i was scolded for it! lol


He is exaggerating. It was not a scolding just a heads up. But now the wheel has turned and he will see it firsthand himself. He had a warning bound to a key and would hit it right away, not time to warn or do anything. :chair:



I let em do it, they mean well, just as long as you keep them in check.

There are several issues that can come out of that, some not immediate, and most notably not following the chain of command. Just handle it and let them have fun and play.
 
Last edited:
He is exaggerating. It was not a scolding just a heads up. But now the wheel has turned and he will see it firsthand himself. He had a warning bound to a key and would hit it right away, not time to warn or do anything. :chair:


lol, i had it bound but i took it off when a admin said let me take care of it :), no problem since it is his job :):laugh:
 
Yeah, most admins (myself included) have those warning keys binded, so when it's said everyone who has a bind presses it and it comes up with a bunch of warnings. Lol Yeah if you are an e in a server wait until an eG or an eGO does it before you do. And if you are eG wait for an eGO. But if the person who is a higher rank than you misses it make sure the player is warned.
 
As a former eG , now an e I try to bite my tongue when I hear cussing or bad attitude but it gets to me so I have to warn them in a polite way.
So I will try and keep my mouth shut from now on, sorry for stepping on anyones toes :)

Cheers,



TAZ
 

Latest posts

Back
Top