- Joined
- Apr 27, 2009
- Messages
- 198
Okay so I just go my first ATI Diamond 4770 PCI-E Card. Its a great card for the buck. These cards use so much less power than previous cards, i was wondering if anyone can give me a little headsup about how much power I would need to run two of these cards in Crossfire. Here is my setup so far:
Thermaltake Xaser III Chassis with 4 80mm Fans (2 side, 2 rear)
MSI K9A2 Motherboard (crossfire Supported)
AMD Phenom x3 8650 @2.4GHZ
4GB Crucial 1033MHZ RAM DDr2
1 320GB SATA HDD Western Digital
1 Sony DVD RW Optical Drive
Printer\
Mouse \
Keyboard/------------------ ALL USB
Headset/
As of now I have a 450W ThermalTake Black Widow PSU
The online calculators I have used estimate a total of 406W using a 4890 is crossfire (they don't have the 4770 on the list yet).
So anyhelp would be appreciated.
Keep your AMD and ATI comments out of this thread, if you don't like AMD or ATI, good for you. :chair:
I am a computer tech, and by my estimates I think my 450w should do the job, but I always need a second opinion.:w00t:
Thermaltake Xaser III Chassis with 4 80mm Fans (2 side, 2 rear)
MSI K9A2 Motherboard (crossfire Supported)
AMD Phenom x3 8650 @2.4GHZ
4GB Crucial 1033MHZ RAM DDr2
1 320GB SATA HDD Western Digital
1 Sony DVD RW Optical Drive
Printer\
Mouse \
Keyboard/------------------ ALL USB
Headset/
As of now I have a 450W ThermalTake Black Widow PSU
The online calculators I have used estimate a total of 406W using a 4890 is crossfire (they don't have the 4770 on the list yet).
So anyhelp would be appreciated.
Keep your AMD and ATI comments out of this thread, if you don't like AMD or ATI, good for you. :chair:
I am a computer tech, and by my estimates I think my 450w should do the job, but I always need a second opinion.:w00t:















