MANN CO. letter

Captain Calle

Thread Thumper
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
1,010
Several gaming sites confirmed getting the letter!
​

"Apparently if you send in the "Force-A-Nature" ordering coupon you get this back from Valve:
ohvalve.jpg

​
Notice the one item in the list we don't know what it is?
"The Ambassador"

So what do you think? Valve trolling us? A rare hint for those who ACTUALLY send in the ordering coupon?"

Source: Facepunch.com


-Calle
 
I never saw the coupon, not surprised that Valve would reply like that though. hilarious all the same.

Possibly the 3rd Spy achievement unlock?
just my thought
 
Very Interesting.... That definitely sounds like a spy weapon, but what it could be is another question.
 
If it is indeed what they speculate on the Facepunch forums, a revolver that gets a bonus when shooting for the head as in the video, it is epic beyond all imagination.
 
I would enjoy one of those items around the house....I'll have to send an ordering coupon for the sandvich, I'm pretty hungry.
 
ummm am I the only one that would say..."who would actually send a form in for a force of nature?" ...LOL, seems valve is putting more and more things out there just so we could speculate as to what they are...god i love you valve.
 
The picture for one of the spy achievements is a new looking pistol with a 50 below it, called "Diplomacy". Either the new pistol, or a really good troll.
 
Seen it, looks like it would have the ability to headshot... sounds sweet
 
Uh, Ambassador if that is what is in the dead spies hand -- looks like a Colt .45 Peacemaker aka fits in with the "Diplomacy" achievement.
 
I bet that the revolver is "The Ambassador"

Came here to say that. It could be a sniper unlock, too, his new SMG substitute, because if I understand right, the Razorback seems like it's a melee substitute. Or, if it's the other way around, it could be his melee weapon. Anyway, yeah, every item on that list in the letter has SOME basis in the game, though Jarate isn't in the game (and won't be, I think that's even a little too ridiculous for Valve...they like to play, but the game content itself doesn't quite get that preposterous). So, it stands to reason that the Ambassador could very well be in the game soon enough. We can only watch the update page, and/or wait until the update hits to see. Maybe they're being SUPER DUPER sneaky and sending us something from like the last class to be updated, maybe they just have one idea locked down for that class and now they're leaking it...hell, maybe they just like the name "The Ambassador" and decided that at some point, they'll probably call something that. It's Valve, so who the hell knows.


Edit: I just went to Teamfortress.com about 4.7 seconds after posting this. OH LOOK WHAT IT IS! www.teamfortress.com The Ambassador, the spy's new revolver. Bravo to all those who guessed it, especially Cut Chem!st for his Peacemaker tidbit. Furthremore, he (Cut) was right about that achievement, the gun silhouette in the achievement picture is obviously the new Ambassador. It's higher accuracy, higher power, same ammo capacity, but (and this is all speculation based on the language Valve used in the update page), much lower rate of fire. Sniper pistol for spy, hooray! Discuss.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top