This stems from a conversation on the 24/7 Egypt server circa 7:30-8 pm central.
As a disclaimer, I will say that I am certainly not the most amicable person. I don't like to lose and will call people out on their bs when I see it. Example: one of my biggest pet peeves is people who complain about classes. It's not what class you play, it's how good you are to a large degree.
But this is neither here nor there, my main point is this. I was essentially baited into a discussion by another member (you can check the chat logs, I won't name him here unless he wants to address this as well) who was calling me out repeatedly because my name also happens to be the name of a band. The discussion was somewhat civil and I opted to drop it several times.
However, every time I killed said player, I was again baited into a conversation about it because of his snide remarks. Remarks a child would make because they wanted to create attention for himself and stir the pot a little. In the process, I basically defended my turf and called him out on not being knowledgeable about the subject.
Long story short, admins were aware of the situation, and I was asked to keep my mouth shut (please be respectful to all players was the request I believe). Herein lies my basic problem. I was baited into a discussion, and I admittedly am not the kindest person you will meet. But where does the line get drawn. What's fair game and what isn't? Personally, I have a big problem with being jeered at and not being able to do anything about it.
Anyways, cheers. Just wondering/wanting a better clarification of what's fair to do and what isnt'.
As a disclaimer, I will say that I am certainly not the most amicable person. I don't like to lose and will call people out on their bs when I see it. Example: one of my biggest pet peeves is people who complain about classes. It's not what class you play, it's how good you are to a large degree.
But this is neither here nor there, my main point is this. I was essentially baited into a discussion by another member (you can check the chat logs, I won't name him here unless he wants to address this as well) who was calling me out repeatedly because my name also happens to be the name of a band. The discussion was somewhat civil and I opted to drop it several times.
However, every time I killed said player, I was again baited into a conversation about it because of his snide remarks. Remarks a child would make because they wanted to create attention for himself and stir the pot a little. In the process, I basically defended my turf and called him out on not being knowledgeable about the subject.
Long story short, admins were aware of the situation, and I was asked to keep my mouth shut (please be respectful to all players was the request I believe). Herein lies my basic problem. I was baited into a discussion, and I admittedly am not the kindest person you will meet. But where does the line get drawn. What's fair game and what isn't? Personally, I have a big problem with being jeered at and not being able to do anything about it.
Anyways, cheers. Just wondering/wanting a better clarification of what's fair to do and what isnt'.
Last edited:









