- Joined
- Apr 25, 2009
- Messages
- 167
The time has come, Bob is looking to bring his rig into the 21st century!
Or at least up to date enough to play through bioshock / fallout 3 on low-med settings >.< (They both require SM3, my card only has shader model 2.0! T_T)
Keep in mind, I'm coming from having an NVidia GeForce FX5200 and an ATI X300 card in my rig, so /anything/ is an improvement in my book.
I've been looking at/around the Radeon HD 3450
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121250
OR
an Nvidia 8400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121240
Anyone have either of these cards that can give /real world/ expectancies on framerates in modern games?
Anyone able to list off some even modern(er) cards around the $50 dollarmark (that is what I consider budget ;P)
Any help in picking out a graphics card would be appreciated. I'm a complete moron when it comes to graphics hardware b/c frankly... I don't need much >.> So I'm ignorant of your fancy new HD video codecs and 300+ FPS stream processing mumbo jumbo xD
(Graphics wise, the Source engine is still impressive to me... and its a couple years old now isn't it?)
(I should note, as a baseline, the card must be DX10... SM3 or SM4... and not require sacrifice)
Or at least up to date enough to play through bioshock / fallout 3 on low-med settings >.< (They both require SM3, my card only has shader model 2.0! T_T)
Keep in mind, I'm coming from having an NVidia GeForce FX5200 and an ATI X300 card in my rig, so /anything/ is an improvement in my book.
I've been looking at/around the Radeon HD 3450
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121250
OR
an Nvidia 8400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121240
Anyone have either of these cards that can give /real world/ expectancies on framerates in modern games?
Anyone able to list off some even modern(er) cards around the $50 dollarmark (that is what I consider budget ;P)
Any help in picking out a graphics card would be appreciated. I'm a complete moron when it comes to graphics hardware b/c frankly... I don't need much >.> So I'm ignorant of your fancy new HD video codecs and 300+ FPS stream processing mumbo jumbo xD
(Graphics wise, the Source engine is still impressive to me... and its a couple years old now isn't it?)
(I should note, as a baseline, the card must be DX10... SM3 or SM4... and not require sacrifice)
Last edited:









)







, I would've obviously ended up in a mess w/o all y'alls help. (No seriously I would've been utterly disappointed in the card I was originally going to buy xD)