Ok i have an interesting problem, which i think is due to overheating.
I'll start with my specs, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41 GHz, 2 GB ram, BFG GeForce 8600 GT OC with ThermoIntelligence.
I have all settings for CSS set to low, using Casey's Config (modified so everything is actually set to low), including not showing dead bodies. I can usually play with 85-99 FPS (have it capped at 100) unless the server is full, 20v20, i get around 65-80 FPS. However once i play for a couple hours or so i start getting really bad graphical lag...my frames jump from 30-80 FPS pretty rapidly, so everything is quite glitchy.
The reason why i figured it was an overheating issue, is because my vid card gets very hot to the touch. The heat sink casing isn't too bad, but the back of the card is pretty scorchin. Recently i've added a PCI slot fan located beneath my vid card with 1 PCI slot in between (seemed to do more harm directly against my vid card), as well as drilling lots of holes in my side panel and installing a 120mm fan to draw some cool air in....doesn't seem to have worked as well as i had planned.
I do not have any software that will allow me to show any temps, or up fan speeds...in fact im not sure of any good ones, or any in general TBH. Is there any tips anybody could give me, or possibly programs in order to up fan speed...i dunno what to do now
I'll start with my specs, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41 GHz, 2 GB ram, BFG GeForce 8600 GT OC with ThermoIntelligence.
I have all settings for CSS set to low, using Casey's Config (modified so everything is actually set to low), including not showing dead bodies. I can usually play with 85-99 FPS (have it capped at 100) unless the server is full, 20v20, i get around 65-80 FPS. However once i play for a couple hours or so i start getting really bad graphical lag...my frames jump from 30-80 FPS pretty rapidly, so everything is quite glitchy.
The reason why i figured it was an overheating issue, is because my vid card gets very hot to the touch. The heat sink casing isn't too bad, but the back of the card is pretty scorchin. Recently i've added a PCI slot fan located beneath my vid card with 1 PCI slot in between (seemed to do more harm directly against my vid card), as well as drilling lots of holes in my side panel and installing a 120mm fan to draw some cool air in....doesn't seem to have worked as well as i had planned.
I do not have any software that will allow me to show any temps, or up fan speeds...in fact im not sure of any good ones, or any in general TBH. Is there any tips anybody could give me, or possibly programs in order to up fan speed...i dunno what to do now












