New video card

drake

Rookie
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
99
Recently decided to upgrade the video card. I have a hard time spending a lot of money on a video card because I know in a year it will be half price and out dated so I went with an XFX GTS 250 1gig I got it for 144.99.

Here is a video of me opening it just for anyone's info.

Newegg product link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150356

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCUu6tk3VzU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCUu6tk3VzU[/ame]
 
I need to upgrade my card. I have a 8800 gts 512mb. I've been waiting for the upper cards to come down in price.
 
Ya I think this was a good price 150. I could of got top of the line for 300+ but I just wanted something that runs everything fairly nice. This card does all I need and more.
 
Actually, the article you linked compares the overclocked version of the BFG 260. It can be viewed here.

It is $85 more, and totally not a good deal, especially for the extra 10-12fps. Yes, it is just a 9800, which is more or less an 8800, but the 8800 is an awesome card, and they've done a good job improving it.

OP: I like the card choice. Yes, there are other cards that are +/- $15-20, but a case can be made for all of them. You did not make a bad buy. Gratz on the card, and good luck with the pwning.
 
I really don't care cause in a year it will be outdated and I can get a new one. Plus the old card I had ran everything on high just fine and I purchased this one just for the heck of it. Why do people always feel they have to argue about computer hardware. I really could care less about overclocking a card. There isn't even a game out there that I would need to do that for unless I was playing crysis.
 
*drools*
i have a gf 8400gs and a radeon 3100 so im gonna drool at pretty much any thing
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top