The Sniper/Spy Update and How To Unlock

Mage

Poster
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
127
So while I was looking over the update pages I noticed that there are no Milestone achievements.

Does this mean that they are doing away with achievement farming to get the items?

I really hope this is the case so people don't try to turn every server into an achievement server.
 
They did not put the milestones into any of the previous update pages, I figure it will still be the same.
 
They did not put the milestones into any of the previous update pages, I figure it will still be the same.

Maybe so, but I thought I heard they were "decoupling" achievements from unlocks.
 
Maybe so, but I thought I heard they were "decoupling" achievements from unlocks.
That doesn't mean you won't be able to unlock the new weapons with the achievements. That was the whole point behind achievements.


-Calle
 
I just really hope they are all just unlocked from the get go and just take up inventory space. I really dont want to see our servers become "hey guys let me get this achievement!"
 
I have seen pubs ask some people to help with an achievement.
we do not allow this soze we warned him.

Except when the Fun Server is opened to eGO members for the purpose of achievement farming. Otherwise, notta.
 
Except when the Fun Server is opened to eGO members for the purpose of achievement farming. Otherwise, notta.

well obviously.. if we offer the achievements why would we kick everyone who's interested in getting the achievements lol.
 
I'd like to see non-achievement based unlockables. The folks at Valve mentioned it over a year ago, before the first medic upgrade happened.

"We're also going to be looking at ways that players can get items other than achievement unlocking," Walker stated. While some of the achievements aren't all that complicated, other are bound to require a careful mixture of time and luck
From Shacknews

For those like myself who have precious little time to game, the whole achievement system has just not panned out (I've gotten one unlockable in a year), and has made it less desirable to play TF2 than to bust out a casual game and make the most of the limited time available.

Hopefully, Valve is doing something to rectify that.
 
Yeah, but it's not a word most people use in normal conversation, and I didn't want to make myself look too smart, so I used the word I've heard used before.

Ok, maybe I could stand to make myself look a little smarter. Still, I did know that it's a real word.

EDIT: Was replying to Tiddy.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top