Geeksquad put to the test and fails.

Geek Squad = FAIL

PS: Going to work there one day don't worry I'll find the problem in no time
 
They're overpriced anyway, even if they fix the problem. A client of my aunt's went to Geek Squad to have her laptop looked at. They wanted $120 just to diagnose the problem, and she couldn't afford that. I looked at it, deleted a few files, and whaddaya know.... problem solved.

Geek Squad can burn if you ask me.
 
Oh ya I can't stand these guys. I try to spread the word to everyone I try to tell everyone I know to stay away from them.
 
FAIL FAIL FAIL. No other words than EPIC FAIL.
$580 for a broken hard drive? That's the most ridiculous number I've ever heard.
 
Its funny that you guys bash the idea of geek squad. sure they are over priced. most of the stuff they charge for you can do yourself with free or cheap programs. I do not like the idea of their practices like the one shown in the video. But if you recall the first place they went to with geek squad the person found the problem within minutes and did it for free. Where as the other was coming up with problems that would cost around 580 dollars just cause the hard drive is so called broken. Love how the tv station edits so the mom and pop shops know better. Which they do most of the time. Dont get me wrong.

My point is that 1. The media edits stuff so dont believe it all. 2. The GUY who works for Geek Squad was the one who was ripping off the customer. Not the whole branch of geek squad is the same. Sadly sometimes people find ways to over charge the person just to keep their jobs. Maybe that certain Best Buy Geek Squad wasnt doing so great so they saw a chance to take advantage of a simple fix for a great sale.

I find it funny that the masses of society love to bash the big picture when it was one small detail which was the source of the problem.

Also if a moderator will move this to Tech Talk since it makes more sense having it there then in Tech Help. Cause ironically Geek Squad is not the best place to go for Tech Help. :P
 
I find it funny that the masses of society love to bash the big picture when it was one small detail which was the source of the problem.

If you'd have paid a little more attention to the newscast, you would've also heard that Geek Squad consolidated two states' reviews so they could get the A-

That tells me that Geek Squad sucks. Period. Wait, aren't you on Geek Squad? I thought I read that somewhere. No offense to you if you are.
 
If you'd have paid a little more attention to the newscast, you would've also heard that Geek Squad consolidated two states' reviews so they could get the A-

That tells me that Geek Squad sucks. Period. Wait, aren't you on Geek Squad? I thought I read that somewhere. No offense to you if you are.

Oh xeno xeno. No sir your are mistaken. I do not work for them.Nor shall I because I am sick and tired of retail work. Which is where the job is placed in.

Also even if you didnt know please don't insult me by saying you read somewhere I was in Geek Squad. :P
 
My apologies then. I didn't want to insult you for something you don't really have control over. However, my first point still stands.
 
I don't think you can fairly bash geeksquad based on this single news report.
First off they say "we tested it at other shops", those other shopS (plural) include ONLY other geeksquads and "PCParamedix" thats hardly a large pool of shops to choose from.

Its obvious that this is skewed to make all geeksquads look bad, when in fact it was only one of several geeksquad locations that failed to diagnose the problem.

I personally don't believe geeksquad should even exist b/c their prices are outrageous and the potential to rip off unsuspecting customers is so high, but thats just the thing... the people that use geeksquad seriously don't know any better.

Lets say your good ol' CRT TV breaks, you have no idea how that stuff works (not to mention messing around with a charged tube could get you a horrible shock / killed) so you /have/ to take it to a repair shop. Since you know nothing about how it works, you can hardly call their price unfair.

Geeksquad makes money off the fact that some people honestly don't understand how hardware works, and they have every right to do that. Not everyone is/knows a geek that could do the job for free/much cheaper. Plus geeksquad is associated with BestBuy which to most people is a trusted name.

I'm not defending them, I think what they're doing is incredibly wrong, but they do have a valid place and this news report is obviously skewed.
 
Its obvious that this is skewed to make all geeksquads look bad, when in fact it was only one of several geeksquad locations that failed to diagnose the problem.

*sigh*

While the newscast was obviously bashing Geek Squad, it's more fair than you'd believe. The way I see it, if Geek Squad HQ had to consolidate entire STATES to raise their rating, then they probably deserve the bias.

But whatever. I don't think we should continue this any further. It's just like "XBox vs. PS3" and "Mac or PC"
 
Back
Top