- Joined
- Oct 9, 2008
- Messages
- 373
Hellos, I got a proposition to all tech lurkers!
I'm lookin into gettin a laptop, and like the title, I'd like advice based on what specs I need.
Here is some things I looked into already:
- Checked out Lenovo and their Thinkpad series
* Really nice, problem is I don't see significance in graphics power
- Checked out ASUS
* Possible want
- Checked out Alienware
* maaaybe...
- Checked out Dell
* ...eeeh.
> Any info on either companies would be great!
Alrighty, so here's what I'm lookin for:
> The gist of it: I need a laptop, preferably gaming. I say gaming, because I need the power that usual gaming laptops offer, which is speed and graphics. (Not really needed for gaming specifically) And, why? Well I need a lappy that can handle heavy 3D graphic work, such as running 3DsMax no problem and dealing w/high polys often.
> Price: 1 - 1.5k ...2k if really worth it; and of course less than 1k is awesome - I'm really looking for the "bang for your buck" though.
> Processing/RAM: fast please
(like duo, 4 gb?)
> Battery: if it ain't long life then at least one should be able to have back up to change
> Graphics: something goood, not just some random integrated one.
> HDD: Lots o space to hold lots o things! 100+ gig would be a must
> Extra: DVD rw, and of course w/all that usb internet jazz.
> Size/Weight: don't care, nothing a bag won't handle! lol (well just not some ridiculously over-done waste of plastic fancy case). About 15" ish is fine. Not somethin' tiny, and not gonna compromise weight over its ability.
That's all I can think of for now, -any- suggestions are welcome, by all means! Thank you all for your time, any is greatly appreciated!
I'm lookin into gettin a laptop, and like the title, I'd like advice based on what specs I need.
Here is some things I looked into already:
- Checked out Lenovo and their Thinkpad series
* Really nice, problem is I don't see significance in graphics power
- Checked out ASUS
* Possible want
- Checked out Alienware
* maaaybe...
- Checked out Dell
* ...eeeh.
> Any info on either companies would be great!
Alrighty, so here's what I'm lookin for:
> The gist of it: I need a laptop, preferably gaming. I say gaming, because I need the power that usual gaming laptops offer, which is speed and graphics. (Not really needed for gaming specifically) And, why? Well I need a lappy that can handle heavy 3D graphic work, such as running 3DsMax no problem and dealing w/high polys often.
> Price: 1 - 1.5k ...2k if really worth it; and of course less than 1k is awesome - I'm really looking for the "bang for your buck" though.
> Processing/RAM: fast please
(like duo, 4 gb?)> Battery: if it ain't long life then at least one should be able to have back up to change
> Graphics: something goood, not just some random integrated one.
> HDD: Lots o space to hold lots o things! 100+ gig would be a must
> Extra: DVD rw, and of course w/all that usb internet jazz.
> Size/Weight: don't care, nothing a bag won't handle! lol (well just not some ridiculously over-done waste of plastic fancy case). About 15" ish is fine. Not somethin' tiny, and not gonna compromise weight over its ability.
That's all I can think of for now, -any- suggestions are welcome, by all means! Thank you all for your time, any is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

















