Update Bug

Opeth!

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
637
Finished my update, but a bit of a problem. However, not being a computer aficionado, I'm not sure what to attribute the problem to.

It's valve or that the server box needs to be updated. But here's what I get in console in any case.


Bad CRC for particles\burningplayer.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\burningplayer_dx80.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\teleport_status.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\water.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\water_dx80.pcf
Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
particles\water_dx80.pcf


Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.
 
servers are updated, still getting the error

Bad CRC for particles\burningplayer.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\burningplayer_dx80.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\teleport_status.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\water.pcf
Bad CRC for particles\water_dx80.pcf
Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
particles\water_dx80.pcf


Host_Error: Server is enforcing file consistency for particles\water_dx80.pcf


Its affecting more than just a couple people anyone else have ideas?
 
did you reboot?

do you have any windows updates to be applied?

do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
 
rebooted three times, restarted steam 8-9 times defragged the game twice verified cache 4 times

ive done all the normal troubleshooting
 
I'm having the same issue. I cannot get on any plr_pipeline server (including our own).
 
I'm having the same problem.
If I click on "Achievements" in game, it only shows the pre-update achievements, and if I start my own server, there are no class icons on the scoreboard and there is no new Kritz taunt. If all of this is the case for the others with the problem, then it's really looking like the update didn't download right.
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and somebody on the Steampowered forums said that he was experiencing the issue with Windows 7. What OS are y'all with this issue using?

All that being said, if the issue is that my game never got patched and verifying the integrity doesn't do anything, does anybody have any ideas for how it might be fixed?
 
Turns out my game did not patch, and was letting me launch w/ the old version -- after I restarted steam a few times and verified the game cache the update started.
 
Well i re-installed it and tried what sn1per said, i verified it about 9 more times till it finally patched
 

Latest posts

Back
Top