Cloak and Dagger. Read this and then try to not be paranoid.

I can't find the exact numbers, but basically it takes twice as long to regenerate and you drain cloak twice as fast. Useless now.

Whut?
This was the change made to the Dead Ringer
The Dead Ringer now fully drains the cloak meter, even if the Spy leaves cloak early

This was to prevent spies from immediately decloaking and readying the dead ringer again instantly, giving them an effective health of 1250 (thanks to the 90% damage reduction).

As far as I can tell, cloak still lasts 8 seconds, and still takes 16 seconds to recharge fully.
 
Actually... the dead ringer even works on fully-charged headshots and backstabs. You only take 10% of the damage.

You can survive getting hit by trains and the sawblades at the new arena map.

You can also survive lethal fall damage and even 16 stickies exploding at once (usually). Also, kill taunts.

The downsides to it are after 6 seconds, you glow like you're uber and make a very loud uncloak noise. And it takes a bit to recharge for a second use. And you can't cloak normally. And everyone is looking for dead ringer spies right now. And pyros still can set your newly cloaked form on fire.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that it did that. Crap.

Well, can they still cloak without getting shot? if not, then I'm cool with that. Just means the spy can't sneak up on me so easily :D
 
Savoc: Nope. Dead Ringer cloak only activates when the spy is shot. And there's a pretty distinctive sound when they uncloak, so its not like they can pop up behind you either.
 
Jarate! HIIYAAA!


That's all I have to say. Please see "Huntsman" thread for more info on my spy checking methods.
 
As far as I can tell, cloak still lasts 8 seconds, and still takes 16 seconds to recharge fully.
Word one the street is it only lasts ~5 seconds. Haven't tested it out yet, but it would stink if it were true :(.
 
I'd be hysterical if someone happened to run into another spy hiding in the same corner, I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened a few times already.

I ran into a cloaked Spy in a corner on Pipeline:blushing:...so now I always check the corners. I've become a lot more paranoid since the update for some reason.
 
Just did some testing. The Dead Ringer cloak time has indeed been reduced to 5 seconds, though the recharge time remains at 16 seconds.

*Sigh I'm a sad sad spy.
 
I thought I should post this here, too. It's taken from my post in the Dead Ringer thread:
The Cloak and Dagger Spy Watch is vastly superior than the other two watches if you can be patient.
As most people already now the Cloak and Dagger's effect is dependent on the velocity of the player using it.
Falling consumes the cloak fastest, while running consumes it a little slower, and crouch-walking consumes the battery at the slowest rate.
The cloak recharges fifty percent slower if you stand still while cloaked, as opposed to decloaked.

  • Cloak duration while running: ~ 8 seconds
  • Cloak duration while crouch walking: ~ 60 seconds
  • Cloak recharge time while cloaked: ~ 30 seconds
  • Cloak recharge time while uncloaked: ~ 20 seconds


-Calle
 
Last edited:
Check your corners, ill hide where im at and laugh as you flame everything...you'll never find me. Ive found so many many awesome spots on all maps, its not even funny...places where most dont even realize it...and no, its not in the middle of the halls or in corners. It is however, right in front of your noses and you will never guess and I will never tell my hiding spots now...to many pyros with itchy trigger fingers around. Ill just have my fun in the mean time while you guys flame about...God I love this new watch. For those who say the cloak runs out to fast, you just are not using it right...there is no point trying to go through the whole game cloaked, use it when needed. Like when trying to get the intel or when taking an enemy teleportor and you need to hide till an opening comes up. I only use it to get behind those i need to and when im running away.
 
Thank you for telling me, that's actually a mistake. I'll fix it.
It recharges 50% faster when you are uncloaked. Sorry for the confusion! :(


-Calle

Actually I have indeed also found it to charge faster while cloaked--unless there has been an update which nerfed that.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top