Core i7 Rig Im Getting Soon!!!

there are better coolers than the V8. Just so you know. lol

Other than that, looks like a good build :D
 
This is one of the most respected air coolers among overclockers:

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/u120ex-1366rt/product_cpu_cooler_1366rt.html

You should definitely look into it.

Also, I think a 1000w psu may be a bit overkill for your rig, something in the 700-900 range should be more than enough. That should even give you plenty to spare. Here is a great one to consider:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703022

You cant go wrong with pc power and cooling, plus its 80 plus silver certified, AND it is cheaper...
 
Last edited:
Holy 1000W, it might just be the fact that I've used computers with like 100w PSU's but holy geezes does that thing need that much power?

If it is suckin up 1000W under load, you're gonna have one big electric bill >.<

That is a smokin' rig though (I ...might... mean that literally ;p)
You'll probably be putting most of eGO to shame with that pwnin' machine.

Have fun fraggin' with that beast
 
Very similar to my rig, except for the 1000W power supply. Mine is 700W, and I have plenty of overhead. I am only running one GTX 285 though. You could try this site to get an approximate idea of just what kind of PSU you require.

Have fun putting it together!
 
Last edited:
yeah any of the other coolers people have suggested would be better than getting the V8 haha
 
yeah with the heatpipes directly touching the CPU, it will be pretty efficient that way.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top