Game server....

I-Die-Often

Forum Fanatic
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
955
So I have done what a few like me have done.... I have created my own TF2 server... I used GGVW's thread in tech help and it works flawlessly... and for the record... the first server was running BEAUTIFULLY on an old 1.8ghz P4 (socket 478) with 1.5GB of 333mhz RAM... :lol: now the server is being upgraded a bit with a newer 3.0ghz P4 (socket 478) and 2GB of 400mhz ram.... :D it makes me happy to have a place to scre around with friends.... :)
 
ya man i have had a server for a while for CSS, thinking about making it TF2 as well so i can idle with others for achievements F T W . But i host my maps on a web server so it has fast download as well. I run it on the computer i use and most everyone gets under 100 ping or exactly 100. if you have a web server i can help you with that if you want to try it out.
 
im thinking im going to take my old P4 out of the attic and see if i can get a server working on that. cause then i could make that and go for it
 
im thinking im going to take my old P4 out of the attic and see if i can get a server working on that. cause then i could make that and go for it

Follow the guide in the Tech Help forum and you will be golden... :) easy to do...
 
I'm running my own server right now on my machine. Its not really a resource hog at all (which I found surprising). Only thing that may get affected is my internet speed but if I have it a 6 man server, like it is now, my internet seems the same speed.
 
Yeah I keep it low on man count as it is only a place to screw around... I just have to sort out how to load the maps I want... Mario Kart for triple sticky jumping fun for sure!!!
 
I'm now building a 'server' from an old P4 at 2.66GHz :) 512MB ram. Windows Server 2003 installed
 
Back
Top