When CSS gets in the way of life

Old Man [OFPR]

Active Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
374
Last night I was playing with an eGO ranked player late at night, it was 1 am west coast time, 4am his local east coast time. He mentioned several times about needing to go to bed as he had school in the morning.
This is just a reminder that it's just a game, you shouldn't let gaming intefer with the imortant things in life, especially school. I promise you, later on in life you will be saying "I wish I would have paid more attention" or "I wish I would have graduated" Don't miss this opportunity, you won't get it back. Uninstall if you have to so you won't be distracted during finals week. School is almost out and CSS will be here all summer long.

I just think eGO members should remind and encourge other members to disconnect and get some sleep, especially during finals week.

I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so you can count on me reminding you what time it is ;)
 
Wow...those words ring true and close to me as well.

Thanks for the post. Just reading this was a nice reminder that there are much more important things I need to focus on in life. I'll always play CS:S, but sometimes I get a little too involved.
 
a friend of mine was obsessed with a game called "darkages" (not of camelot)
he kept skipping school to play and ended up getting kicked out of his local school,
that woke him up at least, but he then had to travel an hour on a bus to get to a school that would accept him =)
 
I skipped half of my senior year to play Ragnarok online...however I still passed xD

I hope you realize that you were extremely lucky (for lack of a better term) to pass...

And thanks for the post Old Man, good to hear respected players pointing this out :)
 
yup it rings true to me also. thanks for the reminder!
 
I agree it is always important to focus on life but I also agree that in moderation games are a good way to escape from problems and just relax
 
true im never gonna uninstall css though but i know im getting bad grades but i already know what im doing in life so grades dont really matter in the profession.(joining the army)
 
CSS>School

Like a boss.

No doubt

JK but i have pretty good grades. A in most of my classes and an F in one :/ and a C in another. Those 2 i could care less about since im not going to do anything related to spanish or biology NO DOUBT
 
Should always try to do your best. Good work ethic in all of your classes will carry over to other things.
 
Seriously, this really is an eye opener, like i get told all the time to take a break and focus on school, but hearing it from another member is not only reassuring of how everyone in eGO has each other's back but also just makes me realize that maybe i should study a bit more instead of being owned all the time. Thanks for the post man (dont worry i'm an honors student, post still helps tho)
 
Odd... I think I've been playing more CSS and my geography mark went up by 7 points...

Well, I'm sure it's different for everyone.
 
i agree i think sometimes people get a bit too involved in online games...i lost 2 years of my life on WoW and EQ2
 
I only install 1-3 games at a time on my computer. With that much variety, I usually get sick of them quickly (this is one of the few that I actually keep installed). That way, I delete them and am usually too busy to find something new or something interesting until a couple months down the line. It's a weird system but keeps me interested in what I do (university, bio and phil). As well, I usually reserve gaming for only evenings because that's when I'll need a break from working/studying all day. My Fridays and weekends are usually filled with work or visiting friends (I bartend part time). All in all, it's all about balance and prioritizing.
 
Just remember guys, it's not necessarily only the grades that are important. As Pyra said, work ethic is important. It's not just about school, but maintaining a healthy life style. If you are sitting at your computer and there are wrappers, soda cans, plates, or crumbs....

GET-THE-HECK-OFF-YOUR-COMPUTER-AND-GO-EXERCISE-AND-SHOWER....

AND

QUIT-BEING-LAZY-AND-CLEAN-UP-AFTER-YOURSELF!

if that applies to you, then you know it's true.

YES, I am passionate about being healthy, and you should be too(if you're not already)!
 
hey Frantic, not sure if i should pm you this but w/e, on the health thing, since you seem to know alot about health and fitness i was wondering if you had any tips for me on trying to lose weight? i gained 14 pounds in 6 months, after football was over, and i need help getting it back off :( So PM me or w/e, thanks
 
This is a very very good point. I respect it even though school is the last thing on my mind lol. Regardless I still agree with it 100%!

Frantic I with you man. Im all about staying healthy, worknig out, and all the good stuff in life.

DON'T LET GAMES TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE! DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Sometimes me CSS and games take over my life, I mean i'm always on the computer and because of that i'm going to start wearing glasses, so remember guys TAKE PAUSES WHILE PLAYING if you don't want to end up having glasses.

Also, now I have only 3 weeks of intensive studying, so you might not see me as much on the forums and in-game.

Now G2G study Spanish ( BEURK)

Until then,
Cya later

Louis

PS: THE BEST TRICK( if you're too addicted and you're 24/7 on the computer) YOU KNOW YOUR RECYCLE TRASH CAN, WELL GO PUT YOU'RE WHOLE COMPUTER IN IT, AND AFTER DO SOME SPORTS
 

Latest posts

Back
Top