Logitech G5 Mouse

RedOne

Famous
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
413
Just recently purchased this mouse, I had the Logitech MX510 for several years. Does anyone that has the G5 have a problem with the back and forward buttons ? You have to push them very hard to get them to respond, just wondering if this is common. If it is I might just return this and get a different one, I like the G7 but I don't want to mess with battery packs. I really like my MX510, I just need a new mouse that the buttons were not all wore out. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good mouse ? I'd like to stick to the Logitech brand and the same style.
 
oh well i have had my G5 for about a year now, and i have had no problems with the buttons what-so-ever. Maybe you just got a bad mouse, and if you RMA it you may get a better mouse? its always worth a shot i guess.

but yeah, like i said, i havent had problems with mine at all
 
I have 3 G5's, two are v1 with only the one side button, and I also have one v2 with the 2 side buttons. I have never had any issue with any of them, as a matter of fact I've never had a problem with any Logitech peripherals I've owned.

You probably got one with a manufacturing defect, RMA it i hear lgoitech is really good with warranty reyturns.
 
Never had a problem with my buttons on my G5. Send it back or return it. I love this mouse and I was an owner of the mx510 awesome mouse to.
 
I can't add much about the G5 since everyone has mostly stated it above. If you decide to return it instead of RMA it, then I would still recommend the G7. It receiver is excellent and the battery packs only need switched about once every day. It takes about 10 seconds to pop the pack out of the charger, into the mouse, and the old pack back into the charger. My G7 is about 2 1/2 years old now and is still going as strong as the day I bought it (except for the feet I replaced for using it to much).
 
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll get a RMA number and exchange it for the same one. I'll get it one more try.
 
yeah, and if not, like puddin pop said, try for the G7. I have actually used that mouse too, and for the 1-2 hours i used it, i seriously considered getting one. To tell you the truth, im so use to my G5, i didnt know his mouse was wireless cause it felt the same :D
 
Back
Top