Internet Connection Drops

KiLLaM

I made one post
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
29
Well I started having this problem and its starting to really get on my nerve. It has been a problem only on this computer out of the two computers that are used. It is a IBuyPower Computer.

Problem:
My Internet Connection drops when I am downloading off of anything BUT Mozilla Firefox. (For Example: Downloading off of Utorrent, PlayWhat, or any other download that takes place using a downloader). Lately I've been trying to play a game (CABAL Online) for fun and everytime I play the game My computer drops connection to the internet. I Have Verizon FIOS and share the internet with 1 other active computer.

Tried Solutions:
On CMD I have tried the commands: ipconfig /renew, /release. I have also tried to repair it by double clicking the network (Two Computers Icon on the Start Bar) and clicking Repair. It says unable to Renew IP address after. To Restore connection I have to restart my computer.

Does Anyone Know how I could fix this?
(This does not affect the following:
CS:Source
CS 1.6
TF2
Downloading Off of Firefox
Insurgency
Ventrilo
And a few other Programs)
 
i used to get that same problem, but after i got a router it never happened again
 
Get rid of all your internet connections. Then try configuring to yours again, and save it and make it automatically connect. Or you can drag your PC over to a mates house and see if it works on their internet connection. Hopefully something will help here.

*EDIT* I remembered I used to have the same problem, connections dropping etc, but it just seemed to go away...
 
I'm Going to Try to Get Rid of my connections and than set them up again. Hopefully that helps. If not ill bring it over to my friends and try it there.

*Edit* - Its Wired to a Verizon FioS Router.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top