Team Fortress 2

Autoaim

Poster
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
212
I keep getting lag randomly. It happens about 10 minutes or so after playing, then the spikes get constant.

This is what it will do.
Ill be playing and all of the sudden my fps drops, and my ping shoots up. Then its fine after 30 seconds or so. It happens probably around 2 minutes between each.
 
Bad graphics card?
Give it a good ol' clean
Check your pc for programmes running
If your FPS drops to 10 then you really need to clean your graphics card... I had it happen to me on css...
Or it could be your CPU not being able to handle all the requests you are making to it...
(For it to be the CPU I think it would have to be a single core so I doubt this is the issue)
 
its only on tf2.

The video card is good, its very clean and i clean my computer once a month.

Ever sense the new multi core rendering came out.
 
Ever sense the new multi core rendering came out.

If thats the only thing that has changed then chances are that is it.
I don't really know what this "Multi-core rendering" is but get rid of it and see if it helps.
 
its a valve update allowing you to run your game on multiple cores.

But even with it disabled its all the same.
 
I had sometime similar to you a while back. I can remember messing around with my graphics and seeing what happened. It's not a solution but I can remember turning anti-a off. I know your saying it only happens with TF2 but maybe you could update your drivers. Or try de-fraging your steam files. Sorry I'm just saying things that have helped me with lag in the past. Hope something helps.
 
I firmly believe your avatar is the cause!

Could it be your game files are fragmented & that is causing the drop in fps? there is a defragment option from right clicking on the game from your steam menu I believe. Give that a go & see if it helps
 
this just happened to me i know what to do :) its a buffer overflow in net message problem actually...just go to console and type in rate 10000...the default rate :)
 
To check to see if its your cooling system open up the side of your case and position a house fan so it blows air into the side of the case. Then try playing tf2 if the problem still exsists then its not your cooling. Make sure the house fan is blowing a fair bit of air into the case. If the problem goes away its a cooling issue. Find and load a program that measures and displays the temperature of your cpu, graphic card, north bridge ect to see which is increasing to cause the problem. The cpu could be over heating due to the thermal grase not being applied properly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top