Pipeline: Good, Bad, or Neutral?

What do you think of Pipeline?

  • It's great!

    Points: 50 55.6%
  • It's terrible!

    Points: 12 13.3%
  • Eh, it's a new map I guess.

    Points: 28 31.1%

  • Total voters
    90

s3rv0

Famous
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
553
Be warned: This is not a server discussion thread. It's map discussion.

What do you all think of pipeline? I was really excited about it, since I'm a big payload fan. I love Badwater and Gold Rush, but somehow I think that the implementation was kind of so-so.

The reason I like payload maps, and to a lesser extent CP maps, is that you really have an objective and the entire team works towards it. On 2fort, or some poorly designed 5-cap CP maps, it can just turn into team deathmatch where everyone ignores the intel or the capping because it's too difficult or they just don't want to do it. I've already had a 45 minute round on Pipeline stage 1, because it turns into turtle fest. Spam spam spam all around, lots of killing, but no one going for the objective. Do not like that at all.

So what are everyone else's thoughts on this new map?
 
This map is great. It has places for every class and due to the nature of the two way cart prevents the classical wall of 'Deathmatch' forming.
 
I like it except... the first two rounds have very little bearing on the third. You can mess around all you want on the first two as long as you can pull it together for the third.

Winning the first two rounds only gives you a 30 second advantage in the third.

If all three rounds were like the third, the map would be a bit more fun.
 
Last edited:
Too easy for Snipers and Spies. They can just walk behind enemy lines...

Other than that it's fun. And I gotta say that I like going as a Sniper and just walk behind the enemy lines and shoot everyone...

But yeah, it's fun, but pure death for Engis.
 
I love it, it's really fun. The DM does get old though, and it feels like people aren't doing the objectives...
 
It's okay, but I can't find joy in playing anything but a sniper in turtling maps. All you're going to do is demospam or be hit by demospam.

It does get a little interesting once you get the cart out of the choke points (after the last turn on cap 1, heading for the finish, and after you get a ways out of the tunnel on cap 2) because the team really has to divide up their strength between keeping spies/scouts off the cart and trying to push theirs. The carts that don't move back unless they're on a specific incline spot is awesome.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top