Pipeline: Good, Bad, or Neutral?

What do you think of Pipeline?

  • It's great!

    Points: 50 55.6%
  • It's terrible!

    Points: 12 13.3%
  • Eh, it's a new map I guess.

    Points: 28 31.1%

  • Total voters
    90
I hate it. It's too easy for spies and snipers to own you. I just didn't have any fun on it at all.
 
It's a fun map, you can go solo on it, or do some serious team work, and can win either way. A great start to a promising new game type, unlike arena.
 
Well, I think it sucks :P

The only payload map that works for me is goldrush. :S
 
I like 2/3rds of it, the uphill stage is pretty lame to me mostly because i get weird fps issues there.
 
A terrible, terrible map. Almost as bad as Hoodoo, which is also terrible.

True freaking story. Hoodoo, where if your team is offensively powerful enough to win stage 2, you will steamroll stage 3 and be on defense immediately.

To sum it up: Hoodoo feels sloppy. It's decorated well, that's one thing most community/custom maps aren't. However, it's unbalanced at best, and just not fun. Too confined, really limits a lot of classes while encouraging specific others, which is never something you want in a TEAM game, where everyone is supposed to pool strengths and weaknesses to accomplish a goal.

And Pipeline just feels...unfinished. Definitely made for snipers and spies, definitely. Now let's wait for Valve to make a real double payload map, designed not to show off new class updates, but to be fun.

And if this was designed to be fun...uh..take it back to the drawing board, boys.
 
Its made for sniper/spy not any other class imo. But I do like the no-roll back unless your on incline. Voted its a new map.
 
Although I like the map, it's some stuff I don't like about it.

First of all, if let's say RED team wins the first stage, they will most likely win stage 2, 3 and so on. That's atleast what happens everytime I play. The map also feels kind of rushed. No where as good as Goldrush or Badwater in my opinion. The explosion at the end of Pipeline doesn't even blow up anything, but that will probably be added later.
 
Pipeline sucks imo.

The gameplay isn't the best, although at least they are trying new things. The theme is somewhat undeveloped, and has overlooked some major detailing aspects. Its a terrible map. Although, it has alot of potential. I'd see it as a textured alpha version of a map. It's just not been, well... it seems very "meh"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top