Just got a Razer DeathAdder!!

Jugg

Famous
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
475
Just got this mouse from newegg.com...and WOW....i was using the ligitech MX1000 before and it's like night and day!! This mouse is so responsive and accurate it's amazing. Its taking some getting used to, as i expected with a new gaming mouse, but i must say it's the best 50$ i have ever spent on a computer component... I think newegg.com still has the 5$ off, and free shipping right now so it's really cheap!! can't beat it!! Anyone else have this mouse? let me know how much you love it, and what sensitivity you have it set at!!
 
i dont have it, but ive used it before, its a really neat mouse
 
How does it compare in weight?

I used a generic USB MS Mouse for a LONG time before I got my Logitech and I'm not really happy with how heavy it is, doesn't allow me the same accuracy as the MS Mouse but beings I bought it I didn't want to get rid of it.

If this mouse is lighter and better I might consider it for sure... not to mention it's only $50 versus the near $100 for the MX518 I got even though it was 1/2 off at the time.
 
How does it compare in weight?

I used a generic USB MS Mouse for a LONG time before I got my Logitech and I'm not really happy with how heavy it is, doesn't allow me the same accuracy as the MS Mouse but beings I bought it I didn't want to get rid of it.

If this mouse is lighter and better I might consider it for sure... not to mention it's only $50 versus the near $100 for the MX518 I got even though it was 1/2 off at the time.

dude...the 50 bucks you will spend on this mouse is not even close to what it's worth...the weight u ask? it's actually very light for it's size...i am about 6foot 275lbs with some pretty big meat hooks, and it fits very comfortably in my hand and is extremely light...

As for sensitivity on 10...i don't know how you do it man...i have it at right around 6 for now until i can get used to it, then i will bump it up a bit little by little...but i tried it on 10, and i was literally chasing my cursor around the screen i couldn't control it....but i have had it only 3 days or so...i will get used to it.
 
Nice! I was going to order that mouse in a few days actually. Newegg has a special, DeathAdder, Lychesis, and a Goliath mouse pad for 100ish bucks
 
its gonna be crazy trying to get my new keyboard and mouse working, ill get pics of them when i get it.
 
I also use a Deathadder with the Razer exactmat on the speed side. I had never used a hard mouse surface or a super-high dpi mouse before and love it now. I play with my sensitivity in game on 8. My driver settings are sensitivity: 10, Acceleration 1, Windows Pointer Speed 7. Definitely recommend this product. The lycosa keyboard and HP-1 headphone/mic (5.1 sound rocks in fps games) isn't half bad either.... /fanboy
 
You should really have Acceleration off. It helps so much to turn it off. My accuracy improved 10-fold when I disabled it(I still suck at sniper in TF2 though lol). But if on 1 works for you...

I also don't recommend having 1000Hz polling rate on. For one, it's not a consistent 1000Hz, it fluctuates with a maximum of 1000 so it isn't very consistent. And secondly, you're monitor it probably only 2ms or slower, so having it on 1000Hz(or 1ms) doesn't make sense. Use 500Hz(2ms). That's just me though...
 
Back
Top