The following parts will arrive in the next few days:

Endiment

Baron O'Beefdip
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,596
Cooler Master CM690

Noctua NH-U9B CPU Cooler

Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Paste

As well as some case fans and a bunch of cables.

My computer is getting to the point where it trips the heat sensors every time I play Cliffside in CoD5 and turns my computer off. I can smell burning electronics in my room. If I have a good piece of advice for anyone, NEVER buy a case from Apevia. They have horrible ventilation and the toolless installation breaks all the time.

Expect pics of installation.
 
hey dude, im so gettin that case whenever i get some $$. get rid of this crappy raidmax case. i wanna see pix whenever u get a chance.
 
nice!! that case looks pretty cool!! i like how it has the usb and other ports right on the top there...
 
You could just put a bag of ice in front of your intake fan :D instant AC.

Nah, congratulations on your cool new stuff.

ZING.
 
They're here! Pics will be up later tonight probably, though it's not finished being put together. I have to install my HDDs, my CD/DVD, and wire them up. on the laptop right now.
 
Nice. Not a huge fan of that case though, but it will for sure be much better than Apevia.

For the price it's a good case. I would usually just invest more money into my own cases.
 
Yeah I dont know much about that case but excellent choice for cpu cooler. Noctua is one of the best. Made is Austria!!! lol

-Blue
 
I built a computer for my brother with that exact case and I'm building a media/storage rig with it soon as well. Killer case. If I wanted a mid tower with my rig, that would have been my first choice.
 
You could of saved money on the CPU cooler and got better performance, no joke boss.
Heatpipes that directly touch the CPU on a heatsink make a HUGE difference in cooling, like the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer (comes with a strong 120mm fan) which was on sale for $14.99 after $20 MIR USD on Newegg.
 
You could of saved money on the CPU cooler and got better performance, no joke boss.
Heatpipes that directly touch the CPU on a heatsink make a HUGE difference in cooling, like the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer (comes with a strong 120mm fan) which was on sale for $14.99 after $20 MIR USD on Newegg.

the cooler he got is one of the best on the market. better than what you have listed here. His choice in cooler is great I think, yes its expensive, but with noctua you get what you pay for.

-Blue
 
the cooler he got is one of the best on the market. better than what you have listed here. His choice in cooler is great I think, yes its expensive, but with noctua you get what you pay for.

-Blue

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1429/sunbeamtech_core_contact_freezer_cooler/index6.html

I beg to differ, here is a quote.
This beats the larger version of the cooler he is getting.

TweakTown said:
The decisive moment for Sunbeamtech?s innovative Core-Contact Freezer lays here. Of all of the coolers we have tested, the CCF is the best to date in load temperatures. The shocking part is that the CCF beats the Noctua NH-U12P at load even when in used with two fans. At idle the CCF is only beaten by the Noctua and that is only by a small margin. And when it comes down to it, no one really cares too much about a 2 degree difference at idle unless you are going for the world?s fastest overclocked idle processor award.
 
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1429/sunbeamtech_core_contact_freezer_cooler/index6.html

I beg to differ, here is a quote.
This beats the larger version of the cooler he is getting.

ok the SBCCC might be it slightly at load temps. it loses at idle temps. These tests do not even include the v8 nor any products by thermalright so its hardly a comparison of all or even most of the top of the line coolers.

on a side note the CCC is great if you would like a wind tunnel sound for a cooler. the noctua coolers are much quieter.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top