Best Night in Blackmesa History

Captain Kraken

Active Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
358
I had a great great amount of fun about 15 minutes ago. Why? Because it was the best night in history.

How?

Let us start at the beginning.

I mentioned the possibility of a class rush for our team. It was met with surprising enthusiasm, and so it began. We all went Soldier, 16 rocket toting Soldiers. We hit a deadlock, as neither team was winning or losing. So, mid-round, we switched gears and had a scout rush. We went like this for a few other classes, but we weren't making progress. So, we decided the next best thing.

Engineer Turtling.

We all set up on or around the final point. We held it for over 15 minutes, before we swapped to another class for rushing. During this time, 3 engineers and myself went on a holy crusade, and built two level 3 sentries outside their spawn. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Until later that is.

We made another swap and it went back and forth, until it looked like we were going to lose. We accepted our defeat, but in comedic fashion, everyone went to spawn, went Heavy, and tauntkilled as they came into our spawn to gloat their victory. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Until later that is.

The final, and perhaps the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. We all went soldier, and waited. That's right, we waited. High above on the ledges of B, as they capped, probably wondering where we were. As they began to assault B, the rockets flew, gibs and smoke were everywhere, and this continued for almost 10 minutes. As a final hoorah, i took a medic who had a kritzkrieg, and assaulted a small base they had set up, killing at least 3 heavies, and almost an entire engineer blockade within that time. As I died, I saw that I had surpassed my previous record for damage in one life as soldier.

2654. I have never laughed so hard in my life.

cp_blackmesa_final0002.jpg

cp_blackmesa_final0001.jpg

cp_blackmesa_final0000.jpg
 
Good fun, glad I could be a part of it.

I miss all these fun times. :)
 
Haha, that looks awesome.

Where did you get that health indicator, it looks really nice. ;)
 
You ever try medic rushing? Having an entire team ubered would be epic!
 
Haha, it was a lot of fun - even on the other team. Then the sniper rush vs scout rush. Good times were had by all.

Hey, I think I see my kidney in the last screen shot :p.
 
hehe..i had forgotten.. the original blackmesa was very winnable with a heavy rush.
but no so much now

~D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top