Help With Steam

Kolak

Famous
=(e)=
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
567
Just today I've developed a problem involving steam. I connect and disconnect from the steam servers every 5 seconds or so. This happens even when I am offline. It goes back and forth between either 1) my friends list or the sign in button and 2) "No network connection could be made to the Steam servers. Steam will automatically retry connection until the service becomes available." Not only is this annoying but it keeps me from playing any game like CSS or TF2. When I try connecting to a server on CSS, I disconnect and it says I've been logged into another location. I've already tried deleting the ClientRegistry.blob, Steam.dll and SteamUI.dll files, and that did not work. I've tried deleting everything in my steam folder and reinstalling Steam, which did not work. Any suggestions would be helpful.
 
Do you get this issue when browsing the web? Try and download a largish file and see if you get any break-ups during the download; this will isolate if it's a steam problem or connection problem.
 
ive noticed that, i was very confused to why you were doing it, and do you think it could be your internet and not steam? did you get a router or something?
 
Do you use Vista?

If so try adding anything with STEAM/Hl2 to exceptions.
Run programs as Admin.

Forward Steam ports might help to.

All I can think off.
 
I have not noticed any hangups in my internet while downloading or anything. I can talk on vent fine so I don't think its my internet. I don't think its my router, because everything else that is using the router, such as my laptop, is working fine. And I do not use vista
 
Yeah, I think i figured out the problem. I was logged into another computer and for some reason I was able to be logged into two computers at once.
 
Weird, post if you get it working m8. I thought you would be booted off one PC, strange.
 
Yeah, I think i figured out the problem. I was logged into another computer and for some reason I was able to be logged into two computers at once.

Yeah, you can log into on the same account at the same time you just can't launch a game.
 
Well..... Then..... I can see now why your forum picture is the way it is. :)
 
Back
Top