Need Help Designing a New Gaming Rig

Well, I pulled the trigger on the order. I kept the cooler I had picked out, changed the paste to artic silver (which I've used before), and added a dvd burner.



Click to see details of what I ordered

You will be happy to note Ryken, that I kept the 275 :)

I'm excited about getting the parts in... :thumbup:

Very happy indeed! Congrats on the new system. Now comes the hardest part, waiting for everything to get there.

That build is sub-1k after MIR and if you take off the mag subscription. That's awesome.

What are you going to do for OS? I strongly recommend Windows 7. I have it on my main computer, and just put it on my new Macbook Pro today, and it's a pleasure to work with. Plus, you can get the 64-bit version to take full advantage of all your RAM.

Just google windows 7 download and hit up the Microsoft site. You just need a hotmail account, and it's all free.
 
yea, i had already planned on doing that.

I have XP PRO on my raptor, and I'll start with just putting that in. Once I get everything going, I'll download Windows 7.
 
Oh, and there better be pictures. And you better make the cables pretty in the pictures, or I'm coming to you house and taking your machine from you.
 
O, on a funny note...my gf (who lives with me) and I were talking on IM this morning. She asked if I wanted to tackle cleaning out the garage this weekend.

I told her "don't know, the parts for my new computer may come in Sat..."

She said, "Work before play".

I did not respond....hey, got's to have priorities! Clean garage or build my new rig??? Time for a new girlfriend (don't tell her i said that!)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top