Question for you guys about intel t7700

SMiles

Poster
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
213
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the processor in my laptop. It is suppose to have an intel mobile core 2 duo t7700 @2.4ghz. However, last night I decided to download cpu-z just for shiggles. To my suprise, cpu-z reports my cpu at only 1597 Mhz. What is going on? Is this normal.

My initial thought is that the cpu is just lowering the clock because I am not doing anything cpu intensive. Is this what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
My initial thought is that the cpu is just lowering the clock because I am not doing anything cpu intensive.

This.

It's called Speedstepping. You can disable it in BIOS if you wish. It's to save power and keep temps down.
 
Yeah, untill you start doing something requiring more cpu it will keep it down and put it at 6x.
 
yup, intel GOstepping FTL

You should be able to disable it in the BIOS

-Blue
 
Back
Top