TF2 crashing... welll... whole computer crashing...

I-Die-Often

Forum Fanatic
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
955
I have not been able to play tf2 today because my computer is crashing bad. It started yesterday, so I pulled the computer out of the desk and cleaned it all up... I thought it may be overheating... but now, this is the coldest time of day in our house and it is still crashing.

And the debug shows this:

MS Debugger said:
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M (1000007f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: ba338d70
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 3

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: hl2.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 00000000 to bf2559f7

STACK_TEXT:
a9045004 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 ati3duag!VS_GetDecl+0x37


STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
ati3duag!VS_GetDecl+37
bf2559f7 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: ati3duag!VS_GetDecl+37

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: ati3duag

IMAGE_NAME: ati3duag.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4796513c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_8_ati3duag!VS_GetDecl+37

BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_8_ati3duag!VS_GetDecl+37

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> lmvm ati3duag
start end module name
bf16e000 bf468300 ati3duag M (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\dll\ati3duag.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: ati3duag.dll
Image path: ati3duag.dll
Image name: ati3duag.dll
Timestamp: Tue Jan 22 14:25:32 2008 (4796513C)
CheckSum: 00308CAD
ImageSize: 002FA300
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Any body got anything... searching has turned up a lot of "Yeah I get that too" responses, but nothing so far as a solution... :(
 
Did some searching and...

First, make sure Windows is fully updated. You have all the new hip drivers. If that fails...

Eat a bagel... like a boss.

What type of ram do you got? And all that RAM-eee goodness.
 
Last edited:
Not ram... I fixed it... something in my bios was not meshing well.... reset everything and changed my ram settings to match the ram.... viola! ~shurgs~ I don't know what happened...
 
Does it only crash when you play TF2? If that is the case just uninstall and reinstall the game.
Just because your house is cold doesn't mean your computer is too, might want to check out some free temperature monitoring programs, such as SpeedFan

Good Luck!
 
Does it only crash when you play TF2? If that is the case just uninstall and reinstall the game.
Just because your house is cold doesn't mean your computer is too, might want to check out some free temperature monitoring programs, such as SpeedFan

Good Luck!

Def not tf2... First thing I did was suspect tf2... But that failed... I am going to play more and if it continues, I will check the video card next by borrowing robo hobo's old card... And if it is the video... 487/90 here I come!!! :)

u
 

Latest posts

Back
Top