- Joined
- Jul 26, 2008
- Messages
- 7,460
Just a project that will be forthcoming. Been looking to buy another computer to be able to back stuff up to, especially my Steam directory. I don't know about you, but I get sick of waiting for Team Fortress 2 to download after I have to reformat. Let me know what you think.
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
ASUS P5N7A-VM LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300/nForce 730i HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache IDE CD/DVD Burner - OEM
Total: $585.22
After I order that stuff and get it working. I will add two more hard drives, a blue-ray drive and possibly a SATA Controller.
LG Black 6X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD?R DVD Burner Model GGC-H20L - Retail
I will add two of these to begin with. If I actually need more, I will add up to 4 of them.
Western Digital WD20EADS 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
And, just incase I need more SATA Ports for my hard drives.
MASSCOOL PCI-e 4 port SATA2 (SIL3132 Chip) Model XWT-PCIE10 - Retail
Basically, this rig is going to sit next to my brothers 52" tv, which is the reason I got that particular motherboard, because it has DVi, VGA and HDMI out. The network I'm going to build in our new place will be all gigabit, so it won't be slow backing up to it.
I would definitly recommend starting a project like this to anyway. I'm spending more money on a Quad Core processor, because I might want to use it to play games if I have friends over. You can save some money by going Single Core of Dual Core.
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
ASUS P5N7A-VM LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300/nForce 730i HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache IDE CD/DVD Burner - OEM
Total: $585.22
After I order that stuff and get it working. I will add two more hard drives, a blue-ray drive and possibly a SATA Controller.
LG Black 6X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD?R DVD Burner Model GGC-H20L - Retail
I will add two of these to begin with. If I actually need more, I will add up to 4 of them.
Western Digital WD20EADS 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
And, just incase I need more SATA Ports for my hard drives.
MASSCOOL PCI-e 4 port SATA2 (SIL3132 Chip) Model XWT-PCIE10 - Retail
Basically, this rig is going to sit next to my brothers 52" tv, which is the reason I got that particular motherboard, because it has DVi, VGA and HDMI out. The network I'm going to build in our new place will be all gigabit, so it won't be slow backing up to it.
I would definitly recommend starting a project like this to anyway. I'm spending more money on a Quad Core processor, because I might want to use it to play games if I have friends over. You can save some money by going Single Core of Dual Core.





