Problems!!

Rated_R

Active Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
388
Ok, I installed a USB driver from INTEL. It said restart my computer and I did.
Now none of my USBs are working not even the ones on my Monitor, and my PSU starts out with a drone (normal) and then goes BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and it just keeps on going.

Ive entered the system setup at startup and loaded the default settings and it still does nothing.

Ive got a problem. Can you help?

Post made from my dads comp.
 
I doubt a driver did all of that...
PSU's son't have drivers do they?
I doubt it would make it mess up like this
Can you actually get onto windows?
 
It could be your PSU not giving enough power. Not sure tough.
 
I can get to my desktop on windows but before that my (30 sec after starting) PSU goes bzzzzzzzzzzz
 
What are the specs on your pc? Your PSU may not have enough power to provide to the "new" usb ports it now sees. If you can get into windows try removing the drivers you installed and see if it goes back to how it was before.
 
I was using driver max to download my drivers. it was an Intel USB controller.
I have an

AMD 64FX-57
4gigs CorsairRAM
180G HDD
7900GTX
17 LCD
Razer diamond back 3g Mouse
Old crappy keyboard from 2002
Netgear wireless internet adapter
The guy at the computer shop said it could be my PSU but Id need to bring it in to see and pay $30 to even look at at and $60+ to fix it. Really dont want to do that.
It was working fine all day until I restarted it for the Driver.


UPDATE:My mouse and all other USBs will work until the "WELCOME" sign comes up on windows.
Im using XP too.
 
Last edited:
Computer < right click < Manage
You should see this (I think it is the same in XP as Vista)
computermanage.jpg

Find the driver you installed, revert it back to what it used to be...
Run in safe mode first of all
It should stop the loading of most drivers etc...
Restart and it'll get rid of the drivers you just installed
 
Ok, I have fixed the USB thanks to Steven!
Only problem now is the that the PSU still sounds like a jet engine.
 
Ok, I have fixed the USB thanks to Steven!
Only problem now is the that the PSU still sounds like a jet engine.

There is no control for a PSU... the fan must be going bad for it, or some electrical components are going bad. I would suggest getting a new one.
 
???
It just started going BZZZZZZ when I restarted it the first time. So It just started to die on me like that??
Three years of service and you die??? RAWR!

Ok I was going through system setup at start up and I noticed that my Q-Fan wasnt enabled, I have no idea what that is should I enable it?
 
Last edited:
Clean it
Mine was horrid as hell until i cleaned it
That might fix it
My PSU has lasted over 2 years
So I think that yours might just be clogged with dust...
And you're welcome
Happy to help
 
My PSU is a 12 Volt running at 11.75, Could I lower the Volts to reduce the sound?
 
Back
Top