what software program do I need?

Miiikey

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
2,951
what software program do I choose?
is somewhat in doubt because the 64 bit vista has problems with the older and new games?
it must be able to make the best.
so what kind of vista or what kind of XP?


- INTEL QUAD CORE Q9550, 4x2.83GHZ, 12MB CACHE
- QUALITY GIGABYTE motherboard (INTEL P43) EP43-DS3L (PCIEx16 V2.0)
- 896MB DDR3 GeForce GTX260 (2X DIGITAL DVI) (PCIEx16 V2.0)
- 500GB F1 SATAII hard drive, 7200RPM (possibly 275 KR OF 1000GB)
- 4GB PC8500, 1066MHZ, KINGSTON HYPER-X 10?RS WARRANTY
- 22x SATA + / - and DVD-RAM DUAL LAYER DVDBR?NDER
- 750W quiet power supply, 17DB, ultra quiet
- THERMAL TAKE Soprano RS, CABINET (OTHERS CAN EVS. Select)
- 10 USB Ports (2 IS ON THE FRONT)
- 7.1 Surround Sound Soundcard
- 10/100/1000MBIT network card (Gigabit SPEED)
 
vista pro?

SP2 just came out for Vista, so i would go with Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2. That would be your best option when it comes to something like that build.
 
Ultimate 100%.

Its a bit more expensive, but it will have everything you will ever need in a Microsoft OS
 
Ultimate 100%.

Its a bit more expensive, but it will have everything you will ever need in a Microsoft OS

I've worked with Home Premium and Ultimate, and I didn't notice ANY difference... I say just got with Vista Home Premium.

btw, Vista or XP isn't a program. It's an OS (Operating System)
 
it all depends, im sure if you get more in depth with it, it'll probably be like XP home, to XP Professional. Better Administrative tools, and just more tech savvy stuff. Will he ever use that? im not even sure. So i guess its up to him.
 
Blue,

I have Vista Ultimate 64 and I have yet to find a problem. I use <--- on my spare machine and Windows 7RC on my gaming machine. I just installed W7RC and love it. I have no issues at all and will be going to W7 Ultimate 64 once it comes out. Most guys who have problems with Vista use home premium. Please let me know what games you are using and I will test them on W7RC for you. Here to help. Just PM me and Ill let you know.
 
I have Vista 64 Bit Home Premium SP2 and have never had any issues with it besides issues with Creative Products, but that's creative's fault.

Home Premium is fine, I've used both Ultimate and Home premium and really the difference is nill.
 
I have yet to find a game that vista 64 wouldn't run as well or better as any version of XP.

Whoever told you that vista had issues running older software must have tried vista its first week out and not since.

Vista 64 is the best way currently to go for a gaming rig. Win 7 will be the next step up when it is released. (Although you could always use the RC client of W7 if you desired)

http://www.tweakguides.com/VA_1.html

^ Above is a very nice guide for tweaking Vista for gaming, most of it is very basic for some of us but it is a great place to start if you are a first time Vista user.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top