DSLR Cameras

Skeletor

Poster
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
127
I've been getting more and more into photography over the past few years. I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest a good DSLR. I'd prefer to stay with a more well known company too.
 
I used to have nikon all my life, they are great company, but I bought a cannon rebel xsi about a month ago and not only is it cheaper then nikon with same stats its fast and lenses are cheaper

I got a really good deal at microcenter, I got the camera with 2 lenses for under $1000 which is an excellent deal with 2 year drop and dust warranty

I would suggest do alot of research go to store and try out and see how they sit in your hand
 
yeah, i was looking at the nikons and they are a bit more than the canon dslr's
 
You really can't go wrong with Canon. I used to work at a service depot testing customer returns for an electronics retailer, including cameras. It was rare to see a Canon come in defective and when they did it was usually because someone didn't read their owners manual.

The picture quality is fantastic as Canon has great lenses and solid electronics to back it up.
 
I've had bad experiences with Sony's point and shoot cameras, are their DSLR's any better than Nikon or Canon?
 
I've got the EOS 400D, I love it. It's a great and cheap DSLR for beginners ;) My friend has the newer version of it, the 450D, that has the option to look what you're shooting on the screen. Which most DSLR's dont have.


400D:
Canon-eos-400D.jpg


450D:
canon-450d.jpg


This one is 750$

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012YA85A/ref=asc_df_B0012YA85A813914?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=us-pricegrabber-premium-ce-20&linkCode=asn"]Amazon.com : Canon Rebel XSi DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (OLD MODEL) : Used Canon Rebel : Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yldYuDPmL.@@AMEPARAM@@51yldYuDPmL[/ame]
 
Last edited:
I have been using Canon for a long time. I started with an Elan 7N for film and now i use a DSLR that works great. Can't got wring with Canon. I used my DSLR a lot and still running.
 
I have a Canon Rebel Xti with a few lenses. Works great! There's a few threads around here that has a few pictures of mine in them.
 
I love my Nikon lineup.

D100, D40x, D200, D700, a ton of lenses = Win.

I have abused, used in harsh conditions, and generally my Nikons and they still work perfectly. Also, they're VERY high quality. I love 'em!
 
I love my Nikon lineup.

D100, D40x, D200, D700, a ton of lenses = Win.

I have abused, used in harsh conditions, and generally my Nikons and they still work perfectly. Also, they're VERY high quality. I love 'em!



any suggestions for a first DSLR?
 
I have a Nikon D60 that I LOVE. Fantastic quality pics, loads of manual setting, and a decently intuitive interface. And 10.2 megapixels is absurdly high quality. And Nikon's optics are second to none. I have a Nikon F from the 1960s that I inherited from an uncle that still works, and takes amazing pics, so I trust Nikon to make a quality product.
 
I have a nikon d80 and a D300and they are great cameras, and they work well and have a wide variety of compatible accessories from different companies, i personally got mine on craigslist but you could go to eBay or something. Just don't go to the websites that sell them for dirt cheap.. because they strip everything off the camera, and then when you buy it if you don't buy enough overpriced accessories they will drop your order saying "its on back-order" or something like that.
 
Last edited:
If your a first timer, i suggest getting something like a nikon d40, d60, or d50. Be careful though, if you get a D60 or D40 you will only be able to buy Lenses with focusing motors in them, at least if you want to be able to auto-focus. The D80 and D50 have internal focusing motors so you can use any Nikon compatible lens.
 
Back
Top