Seeding

VizierKane

EGO Zealot
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1,932
please when you in a server and you are seeding it please put on the on your name so we know what you are doing.. lol:)

You dont have to put it on, but makes thing a bit easier..


Just a thought. VizierKane:closedeyes:
 
Seeders are fellow =(eGO)=? members who idle in spectator mode during off hours in order to maintain a good server rank. Basically when the server is not at full capacity members sit in spectators in order to keep the player count higher.


whats seeding?
 
i dont understand how to put it in the back of my name i am guessing??? pm me with the answer hehe
 
I think it's pretty easy to tell when someone is seeding.

When the server fills I treat them the same way as any other player, just ask if they are afk or not, no response - kick. Noone is going to take it personally.
 
I think it's pretty easy to tell when someone is seeding.

When the server fills I treat them the same way as any other player, just ask if they are afk or not, no response - kick. Noone is going to take it personally.

Agreed. It's a bit of a tipoff when somebody has been in the server for 3 hours with 0 kills ;)
 
yup, long as you get the server filled, and then ur kicked it just means u did ur job :)
 
Just remember do not kick specs till the server is full...... And when it does fill up give'em a "nudge" in the right direction :P
 
like i said,, you DONT have to do it, just a thought.. lol

so how about we forget this and dont do it;)
 
I think when a eg or ego has been in spec for hours then you should already know that they are seeding or keeping server full - however when server is full I usually kick them so active players can get in
 
I don't really understand it either. I was able to go into a server and fill it up without spectating. It started with me and once someone else came in we just killed each other until more people came in. Eventually we got it half full and a seeder comes in and sits in spec. It didn't make any sense to me. Why just sit in spec and not play?
 
I don't really understand it either. I was able to go into a server and fill it up without spectating. It started with me and once someone else came in we just killed each other until more people came in. Eventually we got it half full and a seeder comes in and sits in spec. It didn't make any sense to me. Why just sit in spec and not play?

Some people dont have the time to play, and during the late hours/early morning (11 P.M - 7 A.M.). Its a good way to help the servers by being in them, and sleeping at the same time
 
Well the only problem is that my Steam name is too big and I can't put more characters.
 
Yeah, sometimes admins are dealing with problems when they are in spec, so it's just a bit helpful, but it doesn't really matter.
 
No one should be putting a or anything like that for seeding, We dont need that to know there seeding, Simply talk to them through admin chat, Give them a couple minutes to respond, if they dont then there seeding, otherwise they will respond.
 
No one should be putting a or anything like that for seeding, We dont need that to know there seeding, Simply talk to them through admin chat, Give them a couple minutes to respond, if they dont then there seeding, otherwise they will respond.


yeah this thread is kinda old.. i already had the answer. hahaha thanks BTW
 

Latest posts

Back
Top