new computer build

iKougar

Rookie
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
45
Well, about 2 or 3 weeks ago i built myself a new gaming computer, mine was so old it could barely run cs:s, so i felt it was time for an upgrade

Cooler master 690 case

Amd phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.2ghz

Gigabyte am3 mobo

4gb of ddr3 ram @ 1600

lg 22x speed dvd drive

2 radeon hd 4890's in crossfire

corsair 750w psu

640gb hdd

vista 64bit home premium

pretty solid build for gaming, could have went with an i7 for about the same price but i figured i would try AMD for a change

Image010.jpg


Image011.jpg
(before i put the second graphics card in or did any cable management)

and here was my shopping cart

cart.jpg
 
Where is your 2nd vid card on your shopping list ?

Nice build btw :) Got a pic of the cable management now + 2nd vid card ? :D
 
Very nice, only change I would make is studying up on OCing if your not familiar with it (actually very easy, requires patience more than anything), buying a decent CPU heatsink and OCing that chip. Should be able to snag well over 4ghz on that with no effort :D

Very nice setup.
 
nice nice i have been looking into getting a new one as well but i wuoild have gone with the I7 i was reading the OC ability on those and its crazy if you have a good cooling system... i have a new case i just bought and a 700 watt PS.. i also have a 2 terrabyte external so as far as internal HD a Raptor might suite me better :) .. i like the lighting on the front bezel.. i want to find some orange ones for mine :( i can never find anything but green or blue
 
Very nice build, I'd recommend changing the stock cooler if your going to OC high.
 
Where is your 2nd vid card on your shopping list ?

Nice build btw :) Got a pic of the cable management now + 2nd vid card ? :D

thanks, ordered it after that, didnt have enough money at the time, i'll probably get some pics later, want to get a better camera my phone doesnt take very good pics
 
I hereby give you a hearty pat on the back for the Gigabyte board and the Corsair PSU. I preach to all of my friends that the motherboard and power supply are two things you should not compromise quality on, and I ALWAYS recommend Gigabyte and Corsair for those two particular items. You have good taste.

If you could've gotten the i7 for the same price, you probably should've. I don't have either, so I can't throw stones, but all of the benchmarks tell me that the i7 blows the Phenom II away in almost every aspect. Still, nice build.

-Xen
 
I hereby give you a hearty pat on the back for the Gigabyte board and the Corsair PSU. I preach to all of my friends that the motherboard and power supply are two things you should not compromise quality on, and I ALWAYS recommend Gigabyte and Corsair for those two particular items. You have good taste.

If you could've gotten the i7 for the same price, you probably should've. I don't have either, so I can't throw stones, but all of the benchmarks tell me that the i7 blows the Phenom II away in almost every aspect. Still, nice build.

-Xen

lol yah corsair makes quality psu's, yah now that i think of it it would probably have been a better idea but the black edition amd's have really good oc'ing so in the future i probably will oc it
 

Latest posts

Back
Top