Gaming Laptops

KamoSoldier

Rookie
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
64
I need to know about gaming laptops;
  • Good idea?
  • Match up to desktop's power?
  • Best ones
  • Where to get them
 
Gaming laptops are typically not a good idea because they are larger and bulkier than normal laptops, tend to overheat easily, not easy to overclock, etc.
 
Usually they are way overpriced compared to a desktop because all the parts are specialized for it. The cooling isn't that great either. Then if you want to upgrade it, it is kind of a pain and you have to find the "laptop" graphic cards which most of the time they wont have the card you want for a laptop.
 
much cheaper to just go to local stores and newegg etc in order to buy components to build your own desktop
 
I'm going to have to say that a gaming laptop is not the way to go. I have a Gateway Fx 6860, and i love the thing to death, but the main problem is over heating you can't find a cooler that is powerful enough to keep it running. I ended up cooking the graphics card and had to send it in for repairs (still under warrenty :)). But if you are set on a laptop then i would check out Bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172511&type=product&id=1218043606827
 
Back
Top