Mass Effect PC Lag

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Hey everybody

I just bought mass effect for PC and the game has major fps lag issues (framerates) I can run crysis, farcry 2, unreal tournament 3 and other games at a decent fps with fairly good settings. But this game is complete garbage fps i get like 9 fps. The game glitches all over the place and it is barely even playable. lots of people have this problem is there a fix out there that any of you know of? i dont want to format but think i may have too
 
Well, there's a lot that could be wrong. First, let's have your hardware.

Mass Effect is an enormous game. Plus it's third-person. I played the Xbox 360 version and even it was kind of laggy sometimes. That game is just so overwhelmingly graphics intensive that even big bad video cards can have a hard time rendering all of the polygons.

If you want something to do in the meantime, you should make sure your chipset drivers are up to date. When Far Cry 2 first came out, I wasn't able to play it for a solid week because of my chipset drivers. I was dealing with tech support and nobody could figure out what that particular game was running so badly and glitching. I finally said, "What the hell..." and updated the chipset drivers and things were like Jell-O and butter. It's worth a shot, but sometimes a game is either too much for the card, or the game is a crappy port. (See GTA4)

Let me know how things go
-Xen
 
How Do you update your chipset drivers, I've had my comp since 07 and Im pretty sure I haven't done that. I've got an AMD Athlon FX57-64 2.8GHZ.
 
Who made your computer, and what model is it? You can go to most companies' web sites and go to the Support and Drivers section. If they're weirdos, they may call the chipset something like "Northbridge"
 
I reformatted cause it was about time for me to reformat so i am downloading mass effect. It's 11gigs and 30% done so it has a lot left
 
Hmmm I had to reformat again to windows 7 RC because XP was messing up and i was getting like 2 fps in css. Installing CSS right now and will install mass effect tonight and give updates on how it is tomorrow.
 
Hmmm I had to reformat again to windows 7 RC because XP was messing up and i was getting like 2 fps in css. Installing CSS right now and will install mass effect tonight and give updates on how it is tomorrow.

Did you remember to re-install your video drivers, I always forget after reformatting.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top