BioHazard's account is compromised

chrisbliss18

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
616
Earlier today I got a link from BioHazard telling me "join my cmm" followed by "join" and "friend". Fairly obvious that this was one fake and two not BioHazard. Always keep in mind that group invites can be sent directly and don't have to be done through links. There is very little reason for anyone to send you a direct link to something.

So, please disregard any links sent from BioHazard and disregard links in general. A quick tip is to look at where the link sends you. The Steam community site is at steamcommunity.com. The link I was sent had something like steamcommunity.somerandomhost.com. Obvious scam.

Keep alert and keep your account details safe.
 
A lot of stuff happened like that to me through Steam. People sending stuff like "we need to verify your steam account, please send us your username and password."

Just never give your password to anyone. and you will be ok. :)
 
yeah, they already know your username and password, they don't need to verify. I love when people send me these, they're just funny...well, to me anyways. :P
 
Sorry, I was kinda vague on that, I meant "Valve" knows your account and stuff, so yeah...what is qft anyway?
 
Last edited:
i don't think hackers like me . none ever bother me , even in 4 years with steam .
 
Last edited:
yeah, they already know your username and password, they don't need to verify. I love when people send me these, they're just funny...well, to me anyways. :P

Technically no one should know your password but you, if they store clear text passwords they (Steam) are dumb =)
 
Yes; it was taken over around 1:00 today.
I know not to give out my info, but it was from a trusted friend (was dazman1234 who used to be in ego so says his aliases). It sent me to the link like the first poster posted, I didn't even look at the link to verify to make sure it was legit..

So yes, I'm done for now. I'm gonna wait a few days; see if steam can do anything, if not I guess I'll be re-buying orange box.
 
hope steam fixes it for you biohazard, they fixed mine.......hope to see you in game soon....
 
Sad that people just give out their information like this.

Give it to a friend if you don't want your account.
 
Sad that people just give out their information like this.

Give it to a friend if you don't want your account.

Excuse me?
That was the first time EVER, and it was an honest mistake on my behalf.

I got my account back, took steam 2 days. :):thumbup1:
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top