A good starter SLR

Ice hearted killer

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
5,768
well my old camera is well old has very small flash cards and genrally i need an up grade, im looking for a good entry level SLR, it doesnt need every feature under the sun but some good ones would be nice. not really sure what mega pixel or zoom i want not fussed about the make really. any suggestions?
 
I would suggest a Nikon d40, d60, or d90. All are easy to use and have great features, and all are under 1000$ with the d40 you can get it for about 400 with a lens.
 
I would go with the Canon 450D, It's easy to use, makes excellent pictures and is cheap.

Megapixels is just sales talk. You can buy a 12MP camera which is outperformed by a 6MP SLR...
 
I have a D60, and I love it. Great photos, and Nikon's quality is top notch. I've never owned a Canon, but have heard good things, but for my money, you can't beat a Nikon when it comes to any sort of camera.
 
I have a D60, and I love it. Great photos, and Nikon's quality is top notch. I've never owned a Canon, but have heard good things, but for my money, you can't beat a Nikon when it comes to any sort of camera.

thanks two votes seem to win it and at that price i dont think you can beat it. well thanks all i got it, just need to sort out money and ordering it :)
 
my wife and i have been thinkin about getting an slr and wow that deal is killer. i might try and talk her into it if we can sort out monies.
 
That package just seems too good to be true. If anyone gets it, let us know how it all goes. My fianc?e might be interested.
 
Before anyone jumps on that amazing huge deal... might wanna read up on the company.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller22807-p4-s1-d1.html

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090521065623AAWaJGi

http://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...il/cameragiantsinccom-in-bellevue-wa-22478838

just a few links...


"if it's too good to be true, it usually is"


I personally have a D60, great camera, and just remember on SLR's it's not always the camera, the lense can make a $400 camera take $800 pictures.
 
Before anyone jumps on that amazing huge deal... might wanna read up on the company.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller22807-p4-s1-d1.html

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090521065623AAWaJGi

http://www.bbb.org/western-washingt...il/cameragiantsinccom-in-bellevue-wa-22478838

just a few links...


"if it's too good to be true, it usually is"


I personally have a D60, great camera, and just remember on SLR's it's not always the camera, the lense can make a $400 camera take $800 pictures.

was just about to post the resellerratings review... Cameras are especially tricky, there are a ton of fake online stores that sell cameras super cheap. Most of the super cheap ones are scams, either just trying to get your money, or trying to then get you to order high priced accessories and if you dont they will keep your order on backorder forever.

Here are two places to go for ordering online that are extremely trustworthy. I have used both before and they are good.

www.bhphotovideo.com
www.adorama.com

In the current market I would expect to pay AT LEAST $600 for a new entry level SLR body. There are some that can probably be had cheaper, such as the nikon D40, or older camera bodies.

For example
http://www.adorama.com/ICADRXTBK.html?searchinfo=rebel+xt This is the Canon Digital Rebel XT, which is believe is the 350D. It is now 4 years old I believe, and this kit new still costs $450.

This is the camera I have and it works great and still holds up to the newer cameras in terms of picture quality.

Either way, my personal choice would be canon, but to be honest if you are considering either canon or nikon you cant go wrong with either one (unless you have lenses already)

By the way... Here is how much that package from camera giants should cost from a reputable dealer
http://www.adorama.com/INKD60GK1.html?searchinfo=d60 $700... this kit has similar focal length lenses, but better than shown in that kit and it also does not include ANY of the extra accessories that were listed on that page, which would probably run an extra 1 or 2 hundred dollars.

Again, just be wary, and expect to pay around $600 or more for a new SLR with a lens.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top