Graphics card troubles

Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
112
I have 2 8800gtx's and for some reason one is not working. I can't see it listed in device manager or in ntune. I have had the both working in sli before. I have pushed in the power cords one was loose still no response and I will reseat my card if I get a chance. Could this be a hardware problem i.e damaged components?

I have a 1kw power supply so that is not the issue.


Any help on how figure out if the card is damaged would be appreciated
 
is the PSU enough to power both and the rest of the PC. try installing the software again with the discs.
 
the psu is more than enough 2 power the whole computer. any kinda beefy gamin system will handle @ least 700w if not 800w. so his psu is not even the issue. was your computer on when the issue occured? would you mind posting the rest of ur specs so that we can get a lil more info on ur system by chance?
 
if you have an overclocking utility, check if its listed there. if anything try installing drivers, updates etc. also, check if the fans/led's on your graphics card are working
 
if it was the card, it should still be listed just maybe listed as not working properly shouldn't it?? could be your mobo
 
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: 122-CK-NF68
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1596MB used, 2739MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

my mobo is the 680i

It is not showing up in device manager or in dxdiag

I am not sure when it went off but today was a little odd my computer crashed twice and randomly shut down (As in straight to black screen no warning to nothing no hit of it coming on)

They cards are on factory settings right now

Note the second card has given me a pile of issues in fact when I first got it it needed to be replaced
 
Last edited:
Oh one more point the card it self is cold.

When I put my hand to the back of it after running it is cold my other card that is working is way too hot to touch. To me that means it isn't working at all.
 
Try each card singlely

See if they both work separatly.. AND run benchmarks on each one.

Go from there.
 
ya swap the cards seating positions, see if the same thing happens...if so you got a bad pcie slot, if not probably the card, yada yada
 

Latest posts

Back
Top