Well, if you're running Windows and:
Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troublshoot
You'll see a bar. When it's all the way to the right, I can play games on steam, but cannot watch .avi or .wmv files on my computer. The video shuts off, but audio remains.
When I move it a bit to the left, I cannot launch steam games, but CAN watch videos.
I'm sure it's my video card. I fixed the problem once before (reinstalled all of my drivers and such), but then I upgraded VLC Media Player and something messed up so the issue is still here.
If you can help, I'd appreciate it.
Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troublshoot
You'll see a bar. When it's all the way to the right, I can play games on steam, but cannot watch .avi or .wmv files on my computer. The video shuts off, but audio remains.
When I move it a bit to the left, I cannot launch steam games, but CAN watch videos.
I'm sure it's my video card. I fixed the problem once before (reinstalled all of my drivers and such), but then I upgraded VLC Media Player and something messed up so the issue is still here.
If you can help, I'd appreciate it.





