- Joined
- Sep 1, 2008
- Messages
- 2,181
Well, I am thinking about doing some upgrades at some point this year. I don't want to do an entirely new build, I don't have the money for what I'd want and I'm holding off for 32nm CPUs, 40nm and DX11 GPUs. But now I'm thinking I can do some upgrades that will hold me off until I am in college(~2 years), because at that point I will be doing my gaming on a laptop. So here is what I have and what I am looking at getting...
Oh, because I bought from Dell(I'm an idiot, I know), I'm stuck with a BTX form factor case, motherboard, and PSU, so If I upgrade anything, I have to upgrade all of the above.
Current Rig
---------------
Intel Q6600 @ stock
Intel X38 Mobo
3GB's 800Mhz DDR2
Nvidia 8800GT @ stock
1x 320GB 7200RPM SATA II HDD
1x 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD
a no-name brand 420Watt PSU
Upgrades
---------------
EVGA 750i SLI FTW mobo
4GB's Corsair Dominator DDR2 @ 1066(Maybe 8GB's)
an 9800GT to SLI with my 8800GT
PC Power & Cooling 910W PSU
Antec 1200 ATX Full Tower
Opinions/Comments/Suggests/etc?
Oh, because I bought from Dell(I'm an idiot, I know), I'm stuck with a BTX form factor case, motherboard, and PSU, so If I upgrade anything, I have to upgrade all of the above.
Current Rig
---------------
Intel Q6600 @ stock
Intel X38 Mobo
3GB's 800Mhz DDR2
Nvidia 8800GT @ stock
1x 320GB 7200RPM SATA II HDD
1x 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD
a no-name brand 420Watt PSU
Upgrades
---------------
EVGA 750i SLI FTW mobo
4GB's Corsair Dominator DDR2 @ 1066(Maybe 8GB's)
an 9800GT to SLI with my 8800GT
PC Power & Cooling 910W PSU
Antec 1200 ATX Full Tower
Opinions/Comments/Suggests/etc?
Last edited:


















