L4D Freezing?

Skeletor

Poster
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
127
Whenever I'm playing campaign or versus, at random points in the game, the screen and sound will freeze up for anywhere from 1-8 seconds. Is this a network connection problem or a hardware/software problem? ty
 
Make sure your graphics card is up to date and then try it on single player, with no net connection, like offline Steam. Because then you can cancel out your internet. If it continues to freeze up, you must have some sort of hardware or software problem. My first thoughts are your graphics card, what is your system spec, post back.

-Haze
 
I ran it offline in single player and It was still doing it, maybe even worse. I have a Nvidia 280 GTX, and the drivers are all up to date. Processor is an AMD 4200+ @2.2Ghz. I ran full defrags, antivirus, antispyware, ccleaner, and it still does it. I even deleted L4D and reinstalled it and it's still doing it
 
Yea, it happens to me a few times. Must be a bug or both our pcs must be messed up :P
 
This is strange, I don't what else to suggest sorry. Hopefully someone will know how to help you.

-Haze.
 
fixed it, all I had to do was go under left4dead options>video>advanced> and turn off multicore rendering, works perfect now
 
Ahhh dear, the one thing I completely forgot about. Anyway good job for getting it working.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top