Computer laggy after reformatting?

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
I had to reformat my hard drive from XP to XP because my computer was being stupid. So when I did it and reinstalled CSS it was laggy as crazy with like 30 fps on office/dust2 after reformat. So i thought it was my graphics drivers so i re-downloaded them and installed the new graphics card drivers and those didn't help at all. But, that did not fix my lag at all. So I decided to tryout windows 7 RC and see if that would make it better. But, nope the fps was still at 30. SO, i went to the last decisions and installed Vista. The fps is still the same (slightly better than it was the previous times). I am using legit versions of every operating system so its not because of that. My fps was 60+ on office and dust2 with my 8800GT 512mb vram, 2gb ram, and a AMD 64 FX 2.60 Ghz. I really have no clue how to fix this because reformatting does nothing, what can I do?
 
are you using the same CSS setup? like were you running caseys config before, and are not now so the fps is obviously lower, that type of thing?
or is it apparent on other games
 
You should be killing CSS with that setup. You sure you dont have vsync on in the nvidia control panel? That can drop your fps sometimes.
 
It's noticeable in all my games. Even when I run caseys config or any other config files the fps stays the same. The fps_max is on 300 as well. On luxury_jail i get 30fps when i used to get 120 (the same graphics settings and everything, on dust2 i get 25 fps used to get 70+)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top