Useful binds

EchoZeero

Rookie
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
85
I have some useful scripts I want to share with my fellow EdgeGamers. The first changes your crosshair color depending on what you are doing.

Default: White
Firing: Red
Moving: Green
Reloading: Blue

//Crosshair alias
alias red "cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_blue 0; cl_crosshair_green 0"
alias green "cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_blue 0; cl_crosshair_green 255"
alias blue "cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_blue 255; cl_crosshair_green 0"
alias yellow "cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_blue 0; cl_crosshair_green 255"
alias cyan "cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_blue 255; cl_crosshair_green 255"
alias purple "cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_blue 255; cl_crosshair_green 0"
alias white "cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_blue 255; cl_crosshair_green 255"
alias +forwardg "+forward; green"
alias -forwardg "-forward; white"
alias +backg "+back; green"
alias -backg "-back; white"
alias +attackr "+attack; red"
alias -attackr "-attack; white"
alias +reloadb "+reload; blue"
alias -reloadb "-reload; white"

bind "MOUSE1" "+attackr"
bind "w" "+forwardg"
bind "s" "+backg"
bind "r" "+reloadb"

The second binds specific weapons directly to specific mouse action, so you get the weapon you want with one mouse action only, no more scrolling.

//Fast knife alias
alias slash "slash1"
alias slash1 "slot3; bind mouse1 +attackr; alias slash slash2"
alias slash2 "slot1; alias slash slash1"

//Fast pistol alias
alias pistol "pistol1"
alias pistol1 "slot2; bind mouse1 +attackr; alias pistol pistol2"
alias pistol2 "slot1; alias pistol pistol1"

//Fast grenade alias
alias nade "nade1"
alias nade1 "slot4; bind mouse1 +attackr; alias nade nade2"
alias nade2 "slot1; alias nade nade1"

bind "MWHEELDOWN" "nade"
bind "MWHEELUP" "pistol"
bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2"
bind "MOUSE3" "slash"

note that if you don't use the crosshair color switch, replace all instances of +attackr with +attack.

The weapons will be as follow:
705694.jpg


Copy what you need in your autoexec.cfg in your \Steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\day of defeat source\dod\cfg. I hope you guys make good use of this, it helps me a lot. Have fun.
 
Last edited:
nice

to undo just reverse the steps and remove what you put in
 
so think i will play with my own binds ;)

but thanks i appreciate this.
 
Before implementing these into your config, it would be wise to put a copy of your config in a safe place so if you want to revert to your default cfg it is as simple as copying it back.

R/GBC
 
While I do not plan on changing my setup (I've been playing too many years with out scripts) these look very nice! I like the idea of the crosshairs changing colors but I don't want to be distracted by it at this point.

Nice post Barcoder!


KP
 
Ive been playing too long without any scripts or stuff like that, nice info though! maybe one day ill try it out!
 
In case you guys wonder what's the changing crosshair like, it's very discreet, not distracting for me at all, here's some screenshots. I use the round crosshair at a very small size, not dynamic.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top